• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bzzzzz's Ties

WFU21

Reaction score
I just left the deacon store over at Hanes Mall and as I looked around I saw 5 really nice looking, respectably priced, wake forest ties. I would be proud to root for a coach who wore those as opposed to the atrocious ties he actually wears

its just a tie. who gives a shit. its not like he's out there rocking a Pokemon tie.

Wow I hadn't noticed his attire until this thread. Great stuff. Thanks!

I've been seriously considering sending him a tie for Christmas. I'm not even kidding about that.

I wonder if he'd wear it?

Lol only if it was so ugly it caused a severe drop of talent and motivation

I've been seriously considering sending him a tie for Christmas. I'm not even kidding about that.

Would you wear a tie that an anonymous person sent you from within your office?

This reminds me of a scene from Bull Durham:

The point is, if Bzzzz starts winning big games and pulling in 5 star recruits, we'll let the dude wear clown suits.

Would you wear a tie that an anonymous person sent you from within your office?

Why would I have to send it anonymously? I've heard of plenty of other coaches wearing ties sent to them by alums. I think Skip had mentioned doing it.

Someone just needs to drop a few hundo at Brooks Brothers for him. That should last him the ACC season.

I get ugly ties. I don't get wearing them to your crotch.

This isn't 'Nam, Bzz. There are rules.

I cannot stand him for so much more than his stupid, ugly ties.

But he does look like an asshole wearing those. At least it fits the man.

Read a good article on Peahead Walker from the September, 2003 issue of Wake Forest Magazine. In case anyone wants to find it online and read it, the article was written by Bill F. Hensley and starts on p. 32.

Back on topic, this excerpt of the article is on page 34:

"Walker was a flashy dresser who was well-known for his dark shirts, loud, colorful ties, jaunty fedoras, and guady sports jackets. Fans came to see what Peahead would wear and often sent him the boldest neckties they could find. At one time the Deacon coach had more than a hundred neon-bright ties in his collection."

Happy Holidays!

Back