• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nothing about MCB on this board?

We haven't got much left to say about our football team. We're 6-6. We could have been 9-3 or 3-9. We're happy to be playing in a decent bowl against a decent opponent. We have no idea what's going to happen Friday night other than our defense will play like shit in the fourth quarter.

I think most of us are very pleased to be in a bowl period (6 wins seemed unlikely back in August), and we're happy to avoid DC and Shreveport. I'm very pumped up to watch the game Friday, but have no interest in reading about or discussing how we match up with Mississippi State; that stuff is reserved for the regular season and in particular the conference schedule.
Playing on New Year's weekend and on national t.v. is pretty cool in itself; will look forward to watching the game, following the in-game thread on the board, and hearing some first-person accounts form the weekend from those of you who are in Nashville.
Go Deacs!

Maroon Blood, eh? All the time? Must suck for your husband. Do you have to put a towel down every time?

Interesting.

There isn't much on our boards either. I think fans of both schools were expecting better seasons and a better bowl.

I will be leaving Charlotte for Nashville on Thursday. I'm looking forward to it.

We weren't expecting a better bowl or a better season the beginning of the year. We got our hopes up after a 4-1 start.

I don't think many posters will admit it, but there is a weird mix of optimism mixed with malaise. Our only two wins after Oct 8 (FSU) came against Duke and MD, two teams who didn't win a single game after Oct 1. They've only played a few good quarters in the last half of the season. It's unclear if the players will even show up on Friday.

To the OP, if we're up 20-0 on your team in the 3rd quarter, trust me (and I think all of us) when I say this.

The game has just started.

Oh, and if we have 4th and inches at your 40 to actually seal the game.... you will almost certainly see our punt team.

Hope I am wrong; but I expect that their lines will push us all over the field...both offensive and defensive.

We will not be really good until we develop much higher level line play.

We weren't expecting a better bowl or a better season the beginning of the year. We got our hopes up after a 4-1 start.

I don't think many posters will admit it, but there is a weird mix of optimism mixed with malaise. Our only two wins after Oct 8 (FSU) came against Duke and MD, two teams who didn't win a single game after Oct 1. They've only played a few good quarters in the last half of the season. It's unclear if the players will even show up on Friday.

Yeah we've kind of sucked in the last 6 games or so

Anyone know what the weather is supposed to be like?

That would impact us a lot more than them since we're going to need to throw all over them in order beat them running all over us.

That would impact us a lot more than them since we're going to need to throw all over them in order beat them running all over us.

Partly cloudy with highs in the 50's.

Supposed to snow today.

Accuweather says the weather for Friday, December 30 in Nashville, TN will be:

Hi - 57, sunny
Lo - 38, clear
Winds SSW 6 mph, gusting to 15 mph

i'm pumped for nashville.

-was convinced we were headed to shreveport and nashville is a HUGE upgrade
-never been to nashville and i'm excited to see the city
-great friends and great tailgating
-see how the Deacs face up against an SEC West opponent (although i'll probably hate cowbells by the end of the game)
-say final goodbyes to seniors (Wilber, Looney, Pendergrass, among many others)
-(hopefully) end the season on a high note

It is hard to feel good about the game considering how we ended the season; but Nashville is a great city. Wish I could be there!

Back