• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tailgating for MCB

DeacsOrDie

Reaction score
If already posted on another thread, or if there is another thread just like this, you can delete.

But is there a big tailgate spot at LP Franz strictly for Wake fans? Will be there the 29th and 30th and would like to tailgate with Wake fans and wake fans only:thumbsup:

I need to figure this out as well. I assume it is probably too late to get a parking pass? Are there any general tailgating lots that will still be accessible?

None of the lots by the stadium will let you roll up with cash in hand. You'll probably have to park closer to downtown if you don't already have a pass. IIRC, WFU was selling passes in lot R. The team charter left today, but they may still have some at the ticket office.

Parking pass available

Does anyone in Winston Salem (or surrounding area) need a parking pass for the bowl? Can not go to the game. I'll sell it at cost, $20

That website is awful. I don't see an option to even buy a parking pass and they're not taking cash to park. There are going to be some empty lots.

The group I'm in was semi-planning on doing bars before the game as our tailgate. How viable an option is this? Are there some decent ones within walking distance to the stadium or should we be prepared to cab it?

The group I'm in was semi-planning on doing bars before the game as our tailgate. How viable an option is this? Are there some decent ones within walking distance to the stadium or should we be prepared to cab it?

I will be doing the same. From what I have gathered, it's really easy. There are a ton of bars on the waterfront across the street from the stadium. Rippy's has come highly recommended.

I will be doing the same. From what I have gathered, it's really easy. There are a ton of bars on the waterfront across the street from the stadium. Rippy's has come highly recommended.

it is a real option but the parking downtown is terrible. if you don't have a parking pass and trying to park downtown you will really need to get there early!

it is a real option but the parking downtown is terrible. if you don't have a parking pass and trying to park downtown you will really need to get there early!

I am staying at a hotel near downtown. I plan on walking everywhere this weekend. I will need to do something to offset the amount of alcohol and food I will be consuming.

I am staying at a hotel near downtown. I plan on walking everywhere this weekend. I will need to do something to offset the amount of alcohol and food I will be consuming.

haha...you should be OK. where are you staying downtown?

Loews Vanderbilt. It seems to be about a mile or two from just about everything I plan on doing.

:eek:

you are a lot further than you think! i work at Vandy and i would guess it is about 3 miles to the stadium and 2 miles from downtown (maybe 30-45 min walk). having said that, you are right around Midtown. there are a lot of bars and restaurants in the area.

take a cab downtown!

:eek:

you are a lot further than you think! i work at Vandy and i would guess it is about 3 miles to the stadium and 2 miles from downtown (maybe 30-45 min walk). having said that, you are right around Midtown. there are a lot of bars and restaurants in the area.

take a cab downtown!

Question for you. I am having dinner at Sambuca on Thursday night. Where should I go after dinner? I am not looking for a super packed place, but live music would be nice. Thanks.

Question for you. I am having dinner at Sambuca on Thursday night. Where should I go after dinner? I am not looking for a super packed place, but live music would be nice. Thanks.

Just head down Broadway..........that's where all the bars and music is.
The whole area will be packed

Anyone know if there are cover charges to all of the bars?

Sambuca is really nice and they have live music that starts after dinner service (9?). I think the girl playing that night is a "piano bar" type, from what I saw.

What type of music are you looking for?

Anyone know if there are cover charges to all of the bars?

90% do not have covers downtown. Facing the stadium, bars on the right are smoking bars and left side are not...left side is better anyway. Tootsie's, Roberts Western World and Bluegrass Inn are great (5th and Broadway area, I believe). I have never paid a cover to any of them.

Back