• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

This Is SportsCenter - Deacon dress code video?

JonathanBeam

Reaction score
Does anyone have access to the old This Is SportsCenter commercial with the Deacon mascot violating ESPN's dress code?

The only Deacon SportsCenter commercial I can find is the one with David Wright.

Great one; do you remember what year this was first aired? I don't.

I believe it was the spring leading up to our game with Big Country and Oklahoma State (1996) and was one of of the promos for top seeded teams for the tourney.

I believe it was the spring leading up to our game with Big Country and Oklahoma State (1996) and was one of of the promos for top seeded teams for the tourney.

So you think we've fallen so far, and yet the team in that commercial lost to this guy?

262506_display_image.jpg

Yeesh.

don't think these were made just for the ncaa tournament...they showed them all season long for duncan's senior year. was that the same year we played Utah and Kieth Van Horn on New Year's Eve? #2 vs #3? Something like that...

don't think these were made just for the ncaa tournament...they showed them all season long for duncan's senior year. was that the same year we played Utah and Kieth Van Horn on New Year's Eve? #2 vs #3? Something like that...

Good catch. I think they may have run all season, to your point. We won at Utah on New Year's Eve and I believe it was Duncan's senior season. Braswell, Rutland, LaRue, Ducan and Goolsby. Who was the sixth man in our rotation that season?

Good catch. I think they may have run all season, to your point. We won at Utah on New Year's Eve and I believe it was Duncan's senior season. Braswell, Rutland, LaRue, Ducan and Goolsby. Who was the sixth man in our rotation that season?

Ricardo Peral and/or Loren Woods, plus some garbage minutes for Sean Allen IIRC. Think LaRue was gone by that point.

ETA: Just looked it up, and Allen actually started the vast majority of our games. Ouch. The incomparable Joey Ammo filled out the eight-man rotation.

Last edited:
Wake was #2, Utah was #7 (1996)

Wake won 70-59

Uggh! Don't remind me! I was there. We had the best player on the planet setting a high screen for the guy who just set the ACC Tourney scoring record on the pick and roll down 1. How could we lose? Unstoppable play. Then Childress dribbles of his foot. Uggh!

Uggh! Don't remind me! I was there. We had the best player on the planet setting a high screen for the guy who just set the ACC Tourney scoring record on the pick and roll down 1. How could we lose? Unstoppable play. Then Childress dribbles of his foot. Uggh!

Schwabber, I think you meant to respond to the Big Country game post.

Back