• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grobe trying to "ease load on Lobo"

RollTheQuad06

rolling quads since 2002
Reaction score
The confusion about what new coach Galloway would be coaching just seems to get more hazy... Galloway and Elrod as passing co-coordinators and Lobo as running coordinator. I feel like this might not do what Grobe says he is intending, and rather just complicate the offensive sife more.

Collins article

"Tommy and Brian Knorr have kind of been involved with our throw game and have really been in those roles without a title,'' Grobe said. "So what we'll do is we'll basically have Tommy Elrod and Lonnie Galloway co-coordinate the passing game for us.
"Lobo coordinates the offense, but Lobo's primary focus during the season will be toward the running game, where Tommy and Lonnie will co-coordinate the passing-game stuff."

If Grobe doesn't think Lobo is up to the task of handling the offense on his own then he should fire him. Simple as that.

I think he's still the OC calling the shots for all intensive porpoises, but this gives Grobe a way to inject some new blood into the offense, especially wrt the passing game (which has done worse than it should have over the last couple years).

Hopefully this will give Lobo more time to focus on the offensive line...that alone should be a plus...

If Grobe doesn't think Lobo is up to the task of handling the offense on his own then he should fire him. Simple as that.

I don't think it's quite so cut and dry, especially if Grobe feels like he's a very good football mind in some areas, and that he's one of our best recruiters.

1. this was refreshing. I haven't posted anything of note on (sports board) in years.

2. I'm glad we're getting some new blood into the staff I just think it's happening in a weird fashion. Lots of curious titles.

1. this was refreshing. I haven't posted anything of note on (sports board) in years.

2. I'm glad we're getting some new blood into the staff I just think it's happening in a weird fashion. Lots of curious titles.

:werd:

Any changes are good changes, considering it looked like it would be the same ol' same ol' a few weeks ago.

I also like having Billings involved as co-DC, dude has been golden at nearly every position he's coached.

Co-DCs and now effectively Co-OCs. I don't like it at all. Leads to a question of who is ultimately in charge.

Hope my uneasiness about the situation is not warranted. Time will tell.

This co-coordinator thing is just strange. I hope it works out.

I'm sure it's just semantics, Grobe will still have one person calling the shots that's really in charge.

Hope you're right. Really confusing to me as an outside observer.

I compare all the co-coordinators somewhat to the clusterfuck that the offense tends to be when we have been undecided and switch back and forth between different quarterbacks with different skills.

will someone be on a power trip and want HIS calls to be made, and thus have an overrepresentation of the passing game when we should have more running, or vice versa?

One person being top dog just seems cleaner (obviously Grobe is TOP top dog but hopefully you know what I mean).

See both sides of the argument but I simply like the fact that Grobe knows there has been a downward trend and is actively doing something to change things up.

Lonnie Galloway is one of the best recruiters on the east coast, and particularly in Florida. This bodes very well for our recruiting philosophy, and should yield some big time benefits.

I like the addition of Galloway as well, he's fresh blood and has great recruiting ties.

I'm still up in the air on the co-coordinators decisions because to be frank, I haven't heard of it in too many cases (although it has apparently proliferated recently once it burst onto the scene).

I do like that Grobe is changing things up and I too look forward to see what kind of benefits we can gain from these mixups.

Back