• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Phonz's Interceptions record

is in serious jeopardy if Amerson stays four years..

No chance that guy stays four years. But I agree, it's shattered if he does...

Kid is an absolute monster but as a 6'3 CB he doesnt have many peers. His hip movement and anticipation for a guy that is as fast and can turn as well as him is incredible

At this rate, he'll break it by the end of next season. That last INT was a bad break for Phonz, as he was one of 3 guys that could have come down with it. He's basically got the athleticism of Phonz, but is on a 6'3" frame. I would have loved to see what Phonz could have done with a few extra inches.

At this rate, he'll break it by the end of next season. That last INT was a bad break for Phonz, as he was one of 3 guys that could have come down with it. He's basically got the athleticism of Phonz, but is on a 6'3" frame. I would have loved to see what Phonz could have done with a few extra inches.

Yep, although if you asked him, he would say he was blessed by the height he was given. If he was taller, he wouldn't have been forced to work and study as hard. The lack of height was something he knew he'd always have to deal with, and thus he knew he had to put in that much more effort.

One good note:

Both Campanaro and Terrence Davis schooled Amerson head to head.

As a matter of fact in one on one's against the leagues finest (Greg Reid, et.al) Terrence Davis burnt each one he played.

With Givens going pro I look for TD to regain his place in the program...no residual affects from the knee except to say he has not yet fulfilled his potential due to it

I look for Terrence to have his quantum leap year in 2012. Different than Chris in that he is bigger (6'2-205) and can sky (40" vertical). He has more speed in his legs and I look for a great off-season where he can really improve his overall game.

One good note:

Both Campanaro and Terrence Davis schooled Amerson head to head.

As a matter of fact in one on one's against the leagues finest (Greg Reid, et.al) Terrence Davis burnt each one he played.

With Givens going pro I look for TD to regain his place in the program...no residual affects from the knee except to say he has not yet fulfilled his potential due to it

I look for Terrence to have his quantum leap year in 2012. Different than Chris in that he is bigger (6'2-205) and can sky (40" vertical). He has more speed in his legs and I look for a great off-season where he can really improve his overall game.

I would love for Givens to return, but if he doesn't, I think our WRs will be one of our strengths next year and for the next few years. We're now at the depth level where we can 'reload' rather than have to 'rebuild' each year. (remember how many thought that Ylou's transfer would be such a blow this year???). The combination of multiple WR talents along with a very exciting group of QBs for the next 4-5 years should give us all a lot to look forward too and should point to a more wide open offense (and more points) in coming seasons.
The future is bright as sunshine.............

I would love for Givens to return, but if he doesn't, I think our WRs will be one of our strengths next year and for the next few years. We're now at the depth level where we can 'reload' rather than have to 'rebuild' each year. (remember how many thought that Ylou's transfer would be such a blow this year???). The combination of multiple WR talents along with a very exciting group of QBs for the next 4-5 years should give us all a lot to look forward too and should point to a more wide open offense (and more points) in coming seasons.
The future is bright as sunshine.............

We have not even scratched the performance we will get from Terry and James over the next 3 years.

Think Lonnie can work with Matt? Matt played RB/QB/DE/WR in high school and at a long established high school (Sanderson) he set records in the 200,400,long jump,triple jump and high jump

*The guy long jumped 23 '.5" That is up there with former Florida state champion, Kevin Marion.

He is about 208 pounds now with a target of 220 for 2012. A 6'5.5 and 220 pound guy who can run a 4.5 flat and possesses the eye-hand coordination of a roundballer.... Matt just needs to put a poster of the Floyd kid from Notre Dame on his wall and say "that is my aim right there!"

Last edited:
Back