• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OL Commit Joel Suggs 6'8-300

Lectro

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Shrine Bowl Starter.

A brief snapshot of this kid...real smart and down to Earth. When you hear him interviewed he sounds much older than an 18 year old young man.

Very impressed with all 3 of our OL for 2012's class. Not ranked as highly as last years group but having seen all 3 I can tell you they are equal to the impressive kids we've gained over the last 2-3 years.

http://www.courier-tribune.com/sections/sports/local/suggs-shines-all-way-shrine-bowl.html

Offers from West Virginia, Stanford, NCSU and ECU he shut down the recruiting process long before his Senior season.

Last edited:
Dobyns-Bennett product Ty Hayworth is another big kid who has been a fast developing prospect over the last 2 years. He has made great strides in the weight room and is rapidly approaching 400 pounds on the bench.He checks in today at 6'4 and 306 pounds (still growing)

Another kid who fell in love with WF early and halted the recruiting process...WF has had a good history with Dobyns-Bennett.

Here is a good pic of TY who was just recently named 1st Team All-6A Tennessee

http://tricitiessports.com/dbs-ty-hayworth-named-to-tswa-class-a-allstate-team-p55515-1.htm

Compares favorably with late bloomer Colin Summers...big with a nasty streak.

Dobyns-Bennett product Ty Hayworth is another big kid who has been a fast developing prospect over the last 2 years. He has made great strides in the weight room and is rapidly approaching 400 pounds on the bench.He checks in today at 6'4 and 306 pounds (still growing)

Another kid who fell in love with WF early and halted the recruiting process...WF has had a good history with Dobyns-Bennett.

Here is a good pic of TY who was just recently named 1st Team All-6A Tennessee

http://tricitiessports.com/dbs-ty-hayworth-named-to-tswa-class-a-allstate-team-p55515-1.htm

Compares favorably with late bloomer Colin Summers...big with a nasty streak.

What are his squat and power clean numbers?

Why isn't this in the football recruiting thread?

Because he committed early, he has remained 5.3 two star on rivals. Really shows the flaws in football ratings.

Why isn't this in the football recruiting thread?

These are committed players and guys who frankly did not get the ink they deserved because they did not game the recruiting process in an attempt to 'politic more stars' and offers.

These two guys love the Deacons for all the right reasons and as we move along I will make announcements about our signees separate from the recruiting thread...in this case All Star Awards -- just the same if a hoop recruit does something special he gets a shout out from the board on a separate thread from the hoops recruiting.

Last edited:
I know some guys over at Dobyns Bennett and they all swear Hayworth is gonna be a force. He flew under the radar simply because of where played ball. From what I understand his father was a professional body builder when he was younger so I get the feeling that he will live in the weight room when he gets to Wake.

300 lbs sounds a little light for a 6'8" lineman.

Saving possibly the best for last...

6'5-315 Will Smith... I debate saying it because we have signed a slew of athletic big guys these last 2-3 years but without a doubt this kid is equal to or greater than any other OL athlete we've brought in.

I will try to find some non-affiliated film but when you see this kid don't be surprised if you let out a Rules-like "DAHAM!" Physically he is the Deal...hopefully the squash is just as good.

Back