• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SEC releases 2012 Conference Schedule

Wow, GA again with an easy path to the championship game. No LSU, Arkansas or Alabama.

Good thing Arkansas has Jacksonville St, Louisiana-Monroe and Tulsa (all home) as their OCC schedule, otherwise they might struggle to even make a bowl.

They're playing an 8-game conference schedule. 6 in your division, 1 cross-division rival, 1 rotating division game. So for the 6 teams that are in the other division but aren't your cross-division rival, you only play them once every 6 years and only visit their place once every 12 years. e.g. Georgia would only visit Baton Rouge once every 12 years.

I'm guessing they'll move to a 9-game conference schedule with 2 rotating division games beginning in 2013.

Scott Van Pelt posted the following on his Twitter page:

So Georgia gets SEC Lite again?
Apparently he got blown up by mad Georgia fans, and spent the next several tweets firing back:

@GregDawg23 hate? it's an observation. You dodge the big boys from the west TWO YEARS IN A ROW. Don't pitch cyclical at me.
@Jdub8489 You're right- hate 'em. Talk about it in meetings and scheme to deny coverage. Grow up
@AndyH33 How does rotation spare you Ark, LSU, Bama two years in a row? I'm not mad - couldn't care less - it's just an observation.
@Jdub8489 This year that's what happened. No other way to spin it. Who is the marquee win? I like the dawgs, always have.
@treyelerson y'all are acting like I am BLAMING you. Bunch of cry babies in the SEC.

UGA is going to get some serious run as a national title contender next year with that schedule.

Unless they lose one early... That's almost as favorable as GT's ACC basketball schedule this year...

UGA is going to get some serious run as a national title contender next year with that schedule.

Meh. They still have to play the SEC West champion in Atlanta if they somehow make it through unscathed.

Plus South Carolina should still be pretty damn good next season. Shaw is a legit QB and Lattimore should be back.

For 30 minutes they looked like they could shock LSU. Then reality set in. GA should be better next year, a lot better if Crowell mans up, and getting to play the West champion essentially in a home game should set them up nicely.

every team in East plays one of big three in West once except for Georgia and South Carolina. Georgia gets zero of big three while South Carolina gets two. Wow.

Was just trying to book hotelrooms in Baton Rouge for Bama weekend and rates doubled basically as I was trying to confirm....

For 30 minutes they looked like they could shock LSU. Then reality set in. GA should be better next year, a lot better if Crowell mans up, and getting to play the West champion essentially in a home game should set them up nicely.

Hopefully, Keith Marshall is the real deal.

Meh. They still have to play the SEC West champion in Atlanta if they somehow make it through unscathed.

Plus South Carolina should still be pretty damn good next season. Shaw is a legit QB and Lattimore should be back.

Getting a cake walk into what is most likely a single game playoff (basically at home) to play for the BCS title is always a good thing.

Back