• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

12/28 CBB

AnonymousDeac

Reaction score
Some very good games tonight.

Syracuse and tOSU have their first conference games against Seton Hall and Northwestern respectively.

#12 Georgetown travels to #4 Louisville. Prior to this game, Louisville's hardest game has been Memphis or Vandy. GTown already beat Memphis twice, as well as Alabama.

#14 Mississippi State travels to #7 Baylor. Baylor just had that OT victory over WVU, while MSST previously beat WVU at home by 13.

#9 UCONN travels to USF. USF hasn't done much this year but it's worth noting this game will be played without Calhoun, as he begins his conference suspension.

#15 Indiana travels to #17 Michigan State. Indiana is still undefeated, while MSU hasn't lost since starting the season 0-2 (losses to UNC and Duke).

It's a shame USF is playing at the Ice Palace this season instead of on campus.

I have plenty of Baylor friends, and we talked the other day about how similar Baylor's team is to the Wake '08 that got Cleveland Steamered. Baylor's sporting nice NBA talent, but they're setting up for a flame-out in the tournament against a well-coached team.

This Georgetown team is looking pretty complete. We all knew Louisville wasn't as good as their ranking but they just getting out played left and right (at home) in this game.

Big comeback by Louisville, 11-0 run.

Gtown got a little fazed by the full court press. Needs to slow down and play their half court offense.

Excited for this Baylor - MSU game. I've only seen Baylor play once, but my impression was: incredible big men (Jones, Miller), and mediocre guards.

Serious question: how did Baylor get Quincy Miller out of Winston-Salem? That recruitment always struck me as odd. I hate to be the guy that calls a program dirty or anything, but something seemed shady.

Baylor got them deep pockets. Why else would anyone play for fucking Baylor.

Baylor got them deep pockets. Why else would anyone play for fucking Baylor.

Yea, maybe. My honest impression was that the NC schools laid off Miller for some unstated reason. At one time, I thought WF, NCSU, and Duke were all interested. Then all that interest seemed to cool off and the kid ended up at Baylor. Something just seemed off, but no one would ever say exactly. It seemed like a case of terrible grades and/or handlers.

Excited for this Baylor - MSU game. I've only seen Baylor play once, but my impression was: incredible big men (Jones, Miller), and mediocre guards.

Serious question: how did Baylor get Quincy Miller out of Winston-Salem? That recruitment always struck me as odd. I hate to be the guy that calls a program dirty or anything, but something seemed shady.

You wouldn't be the the 10,000th person to call Baylor/Scott Drew shady. That's his rep. He's slime.

Hoyas are looking mighty solid. Going to grad school there, will have to start hitting up some games

Did he really just make a Karch Kiraly reference?

Yea, maybe. My honest impression was that the NC schools laid off Miller for some unstated reason. At one time, I thought WF, NCSU, and Duke were all interested. Then all that interest seemed to cool off and the kid ended up at Baylor. Something just seemed off, but no one would ever say exactly. It seemed like a case of terrible grades and/or handlers.

Attitude problem IIRC. Also wanted a package deal I believe with one of his friends/AAU teammates.

If Scott Drew isn't cheating then he's in the gray area. It shocked me that some wanted him when we hired [Redacted]. I'll take [Redacted] over Drew all day long. Ugly ties are better than the reeking odor of scum.

I have plenty of Baylor friends, and we talked the other day about how similar Baylor's team is to the Wake '08 that got Cleveland Steamered. Baylor's sporting nice NBA talent, but they're setting up for a flame-out in the tournament against a well-coached team.

I definitely got flashbacks down the stretch. We used to be that athletic.

Attitude problem IIRC. Also wanted a package deal I believe with one of his friends/AAU teammates.

If Scott Drew isn't cheating then he's in the gray area. It shocked me that some wanted him when we hired [Redacted]. I'll take [Redacted] over Drew all day long. Ugly ties are better than the reeking odor of scum.

He was a package deal with Deuce Bello, who was a four star recruit..so it wasn't like Miller was a package deal with someone that didn't deserve a scholarship.

and yes I totally agree that Drew is shady as hell. I get a little ticked when NC kids choose to go to places like Kentucky or Louisville (silly I know, I would just prefer them to stay in state), but Baylor? WAT

UNLV is going to put 125+ tonight. Chace Stanbach for them is 9 for 11 from outside, with 29 total points. Couple weeks back he was 8 for 9 from outside against LA Monroe. Kid's a sharpshooter when he's on.

LOL at GT. Fordham, eh? In addition to Mercer?? That's 2010-2011 Wake-caliber...

Back