• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The option

Ralph Medlin

Reaction score
I can't take it anymore.
We have run this play many times in important situations...IT NEVER WORKS

Please somebody smarter than me tell me what Lobo is thinking, seriously take me to task.

It's not an option. It's a pitch that takes 5 minutes to develop.

Maybe the worst playcall in the Lobo era and that's saying a lot.

If we're going to run that piece of shit play at least put Stach in and make it respectable

Maybe Lobo was thinking that since it hasn't worked the last 23 times we've run it, it HAD to work that time.

Maybe Lobo was thinking that since it hasn't worked the last 23 times we've run it, it HAD to work that time.

Seriously, though. Paging Lectro, Ph, anybody... Please explain why Lobo is not a complete joke of a joke of a joke of an OC.

When he calls crap like that he is a complete joke.

But again, that's why I'm asking. It happens ALL THE TIME AND IT NEVER WORKS. Folks are always getting down on those who are Lobo'out, but please tell me why I shouldn't feel this way. It's pure stupidity in my book and every team we've played seems to know it's coming.

But again, that's why I'm asking. It happens ALL THE TIME AND IT NEVER WORKS. Folks are always getting down on those who are Lobo'out, but please tell me why I shouldn't feel this way. It's pure stupidity in my book and every team we've played seems to know it's coming.

It has always amazed me how many Wake fans fight to be first in line to give Lobo a hummer.

I can't defend, there have been too many brainless calls over the years, the only reason Lobo is still the OC is because Grobe is loyal to a fault.

Ranks right up there with running up the middle on third an 1 inside the 10 yd line. It is what we do and we don't care if it works. Someone told Lobo it was a good play and he is going to call regardless of the results--again and again. Was especially bad when a quick pass would have gotten you three yds. Ever try a slant Lobo? How about a quick sideline pass. How about a fake up the middle and a quick pass? Did you watch the game last night between Baylor and Washington? Lots of good plays on display there. What a jerk!!!!

Awful, awful call. It didn't work early in the game then we run it on a crucial 3rd down. GENIUS!

Forget the merits of Lobo as an OC...

Seriously, somebody just tell me what he is trying to accomplish with this play.

To get on the perimeter? WHy not just run a straight pitch out instead of Tanner tiptoeing down the line for several seconds

Last edited:
Forget the merits of Lobo as an OC...

Seriously, somebody just tell me what he is trying to accomplish with this play.

To get on the perimeter?

Not trying to be a prick here and if it's happened I apologize but has anyone ever called in and asked Grobe about the play calling specifically the option? If so what was his response if any.

The purpose of that "option" play was to set up the 1st and 10 play after the pick where Price got sacked.

Back