• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sousa and Cameron

24/46 214 0 TDs and 0 INTs.

Burn him at the stake.

Nah.

If tanner makes half as much offseason progress as he did prior to the 2011 campaign he will have the starting job on lockdown.

Grobe looked really pissed at Tanner for that last throw. Tanner looked like he did most of last year.

Get ready for spring ball. Bring your A game. That is all.

absolutely agree. very disappointed in Tanner tonight. Lobo didnt help with some of the play calling, but this was one of Tanner's worst games.

I think that the coaches have drilled Tanner so much about not throwing INTs that he is too cautious about his throws.

Get ready for spring ball. Bring your A game. That is all.

Surprised Lectro's #1 fan is saying this.

Tanner had a great season. A performance in a meaningless bowl game shouldn't negate all that.

Lacks pocket awareness and touch at this point in his career. Needs to greatly improve this over the spring and into the summer for us to make any strides next year. He now has the reps were no one can no longer call him a YOUNG QB. Sousa, hope your the real deal so that Tanner can feel the pressure of someone pushing him. Every player needs this.

Surprised Lectro's #1 fan is saying this.

Tanner had a great season. A performance in a meaningless bowl game shouldn't negate all that.

We aren't a football program where playing in a bowl game is a "meaningless" game. I get your point but I hate that attitude from any Wake fan that anything with a bowl game should be consider meaningless.

It was one game. He looked awful. He threw 20 TDs and 6 INTs this year. Very little chance someone takes the job away from him. I don't think one off night is an indicator that he's completely reverted back to last season's level of play.

Lacks pocket awareness and touch at this point in his career. Needs to greatly improve this over the spring and into the summer for us to make any strides next year. He now has the reps were no one can no longer call him a YOUNG QB. Sousa, hope your the real deal so that Tanner can feel the pressure of someone pushing him. Every player needs this.

This is his biggest problem and something that I really hope he gets better at next year. Knowing when to throw the ball away, when to take a sack, etc. comes with experience and right now it's Tanner's biggest weakness.

Agree with tenor of this thread. Tanner looked like a deer in headlights tonight. If you are scared, you will throw it poorly, as he did. He had a very good season, but if I am Grobe, I give all QBs a chance at it.

It was one game. He looked awful. He threw 20 TDs and 6 INTs this year. Very little chance someone takes the job away from him. I don't think one off night is an indicator that he's completely reverted back to last season's level of play.

This.

Agree with tenor of this thread. Tanner looked like a deer in headlights tonight. If you are scared, you will throw it poorly, as he did. He had a very good season, but if I am Grobe, I give all QBs a chance at it.

I think competition makes other players better and I have heard Grobe talk about this a lot. I hope the other QB's compete and if they're better then they play OR they make Tanner even better and he's the guy. Tanner is still the starter though and had a good season.

Back