• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Defense tonight

berneses

Reaction score
I thought the D played pretty well tonight except for a few big plays. They could be really good next year. Noel is a warrior. It would be nice to have a little more beef on the d-line and a little more speed in the defensive backfield but overall the d looks very bright for next year.

I thought the D played pretty well tonight except for a few big plays. They could be really good next year. Noel is a warrior. It would be nice to have a little more beef on the d-line and a little more speed in the defensive backfield but overall the d looks very bright for next year.

We gave up two big plays that beat us, other than that the D played tough.

except for not being able to stop the counter on those long runs, I thought it was one of our best defensive games this season. I really like the pressure on the QB and the way we hit the QB all night. I doubt that he thinks that WF is soft.

except for not being able to stop the counter on those long runs, I thought it was one of our best defensive games this season. I really like the pressure on the QB and the way we hit the QB all night. I doubt that he thinks that WF is soft.

QFT. Hats off to an undermanned defense.

Agreed. Thought the defense did a fine job. 2 big runs and a big pass after the missed FG were the only negatives. 4 turnovers forced; two set up the offense in great field position. That is the kind of D we need next year if we are going to win more than 6 games.

D played fantastic football tonight. If the offense had performed as well as the D then we would have won by 10 points or more

D played great. Did their job to give us a great chance at winning.

Man, we really, really missed Olson. I'm thinking that they don't score either of those long TDs if he is in there. The D battled tonight--to only give up 7 in the second half was pretty impressive.

We've come a long way since last year. Good job by the co-coordinators and all the players. No reason we can't improve further next year with a lot of talent coming back

MSU's defense is much better than their offense.

Except for a few big plays, they did fine, but those big plays lost us the game.

Man, we really, really missed Olson. I'm thinking that they don't score either of those long TDs if he is in there. The D battled tonight--to only give up 7 in the second half was pretty impressive.

Not sure that's true. They were well blocked, we just missed the safety blitz and got beat.

MSU's defense is much better than their offense.

Except for a few big plays, they did fine, but those big plays lost us the game.

Disagree, our offense's inability to move the ball and failure to score twice after having the ball in Mississippi State territory costs us the game. The block field goal is obvious but don't forget on the first fumble we had the ball at the Mississippi State 30 and ended up losing yards and having to punt. If we get points out of both those drives we're at least tied.

Disagree, our offense's inability to move the ball and failure to score twice after having the ball in Mississippi State territory costs us the game. The block field goal is obvious but don't forget on the first fumble we had the ball at the Mississippi State 30 and ended up losing yards and having to punt. If we get points out of both those drives we're at least tied.

They got the ball back and fumbled on the next drive which we scored on. Who knows how things would have turned out if we scored on the 1st drive.

And MSU's defense is top class and their offense is subpar. I saw during a bathroom break that they gave up 6 plays over 30 yards all season. That's about a game and a half's worth of big plays for our defense.

The big play has killed us all season. If we can limit those to a reasonable amount, then we will be much better on defense.

I agree overall that if the defense gets better we will be better next season. I just don't think they costs us the game last nite. Poor special teams and poor offensive execution did.

I agree that we lose as a team and every phase contributed to this loss, but everybody wants to blame Lobo and the offense for every loss while crediting a defense for giving up 23 points to a subpar offense.

It seems like our defense will play great for 4 or 5 series, and then give up two huge plays and 14 points in a matter of minutes. We have to develop more consistency.

A defense that only allows 24 points and creates 4 turnovers is a good defense. They did well. It was pretty much all or nothing for MSU's offense.

Our offense blew. Tanner never got into a good rhythm and got rattled.

I agree that we lose as a team and every phase contributed to this loss, but everybody wants to blame Lobo and the offense for every loss while crediting a defense for giving up 23 points to a subpar offense.

It seems like our defense will play great for 4 or 5 series, and then give up two huge plays and 14 points in a matter of minutes. We have to develop more consistency.

I don't blame the offense for every loss. Just last night. Agreed with the rest of your statement that the defense can get better and more consistent.

Back