• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Man, we were lucky to win that game

CadaverDawg

Reaction score
We didn't deserve to win, and I definitely will eat my crow about the 21 point prediction. I did feel like we were the better team but we didn't play like it. Shot ourselves in the foot time and time again, and made some bone headed coaching decisions.
It seemed like every time you guys needed a big play the QB either threw a bad pass, or the WR's dropped it. Our defense made a few big sacks, but you guys probably should have won after all of the turnovers and coaching miscues we had. Good game, and best of luck in round ball....thanks for the pre game chatter and I really do wish you guys the best. Seem like a good group of fans.

I predict you're gonna get a lot of shit though, especially about those cowbells.

We didn't deserve to win, and I definitely will eat my crow about the 21 point prediction. I did feel like we were the better team but we didn't play like it. Shot ourselves in the foot time and time again, and made some bone headed coaching decisions.
It seemed like every time you guys needed a big play the QB either threw a bad pass, or the WR's dropped it. Our defense made a few big sacks, but you guys probably should have won after all of the turnovers and coaching miscues we had. Good game, and best of luck in round ball....thanks for the pre game chatter and I really do wish you guys the best. Seem like a good group of fans.

Frankly, ringing the cow bells during offensive play calls is poor sportsmanship. Your team is too good for that. And, you were obviously the better team; but we should have won.

False bob. We lost that game they didn't win it. If tanner plays like he has all year and lobo isn't the OC we win.

Sad but true...before we kicked the last field goal I said I just wanted to cover

Yeah, they were clearly the better team. At least our guys made it respectable. We'll be better next year.

Count me into thethe camp that just thought we were dominated at the LOS all night long and were lucky to have kept it close.

False bob. We lost that game they didn't win it. If tanner plays like he has all year and lobo isn't the OC we win.

You really think that? I'm sure MS State fans can point to some things. To me, it looked like they were pushing us around for most of the night. Maybe I'm wrong. Don't feel like arguing. You could be right. I'm optimistic about the future. Price is gonna improve. The Deacs will improve.

Yeah, they were clearly the better team. At least our guys made it respectable. We'll be better next year.

Always thought our crowd was louder when yelling instead of the cowbells, but we usually get more bells than yells. I think the cowbells are only an issue for our opponents when we win...it's usually not even brought up when we lose by our opponents. I believe the announcers were wrong though, the cowbells were not regulated for this bowl game. Just during SEC play, I think...but I may be wrong.

Either way, you guys definitely came out and hit us in the mouth early and were actually pushing us around in the first half. I thought our coaches decision to not kick it at the end of the half was going to come back and bite us at the end.

I didn't really feel like cheering at the end because I thought we played bad and didn't deserve to win, it was almost a relieved feeling instead. I thought your QB and WR had bad nights, and thank goodness they did as a Dawg fan.

Uhh from where I was sitting I didn't hear any cheering from the miss st fans. Just incessant ringing of those damn bells.

I'm with bojangle...unimpressed with miss st and didn't think they played particularly well. We just had a complete offensive meltdown.

I was steeling myself for shit talking MSU fans leaving, but got nothing but class and good sportsmanship. I was impressed with that.

I was steeling myself for shit talking MSU fans leaving, but got nothing but class and good sportsmanship. I was impressed with that.

That's all I've heard from my friends at the game about your fans too. Classy program and I wish you guys the best. I really wish both of our teams had played their best tonight, I felt like the long lay off had us both a little off key.

Thanks for the good comments

PC023271_edited-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks like a personal ad trying to sell a vacuum cleaner.:)

Price and Chris played poorly tonight but I put a lot of that on the MSU defense. They played really well and caused several of WF's problems Better team won, congrats.

MSU won the line of scrimage and therefore won the game. The turnovers could not compensate for your control of the line of scrimage. End of story. Have a Happy New Year.

Back