• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

socaldeacs thread to comlain about grobe

socaldeac

Reaction score
Fortunately they did not seriously injure Tanner. MSU clearly had a blitz scheme that we did not take advantage of or neutralize. Why not roll him out, run screens, slants, have multiple backs block set up in the back field? We simply just dropped back and let Tanner get creamed. Embarassing.

Grobe has now put 3-4 sub .500 records together. He perhaps has the best job in the land. He can make 2-3m and only win 5 games a year. Who else has that type of cream puff job. Wake now is a top 25 university, great facilities, and in one of the top conferences.

Win or Be fired.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fortunately they did not seriously injure Tanner. MSU clearly had a blitz scheme that we did not take advantage of or neutralize. Why not roll him out, run screens, slants, have multiple backs block set up in the back field? We simply just dropped back and let Tanner get creamed. Embarassing.

Grobe has now put 3-4 sub .500 records together. He perhaps has the best job in the land. He can make 2-3m and only win 5 games a year. Who else has that type of cream puff job. Wake now is a top 25 university, great facilities, and in one of the top conferences.

Win or Be fired.

Oh please. Worse day: The Stanford game last year. Not even close. (There are others.)

Five bowls, three wins, (with one more bowl eligible year)... look back in WFU history and look for a better run than he has had. Really? Over react much?

Offensively the staff was not well prepared in my estimation. We did not offer enough variety...but we never do beyond the 1st quarter. But, defensively I think it was one of our better games given our absence of size in the line.

Oh please. Worse day: The Stanford game last year. Not even close. (There are others.)

Five bowls, three wins, (with one more bowl eligible year)... look back in WFU history and look for a better run than he has had. Really? Over react much?

The 51-17 to UConn in '03 always stands out.

Offensively the staff was not well prepared in my estimation. We did not offer enough variety...but we never do beyond the 1st quarter. But, defensively I think it was one of our better games given our absence of size in the line.

Our most creative play tonight was the fake punt that just barely worked...

Not their worst day by a long shot, but certainly not their best either. I will say that for the first time I can ever recall, I saw a shot of anger across Coach Grobe's face when Tanner's last duck of the night fell incomplete on 4th down.

On the other hand, I'm pretty damn disappointed that we finished this season with a losing record. What should have been a feeling of satisfaction from getting into a good bowl has been tarnished by the fact that we lost more than we won this year.

Fortunately, the game was at night, so I drank all day in Palo Alto, and went back to my hotel and slept through the game.

The funny thing is that we did alot of the stuff that socal claims we didn't do.

Why do we not have any hot routes?? All we needed to do last night was hit some quick slants to slow down the blitzing OLB and corners.

Not a great evening for the staff. As a matter of fact, the last half of the season was not very good. Losing 5 out of 6 is not a good way to end the season. I think the team had more talent than most realize and most of the glaring mistakes surround Lobo. Weak OL and terrible play calling. The only other place Lobo could keep his job would be as a weatherman. I know keeper and his crowd are just ecstatic we won 6 games. But we should have won at least 8, but .500 satisfies a lot of LOWF fans. Opps, we aren't .500 just .461

socal as an AD would be interesting. He would fire every coach after a loss.

You are dillusional. I have never been negative about any any coaches except football. I think Grobe is good, but Wake deserves more than the status quo. The brigade excepts the status quo as OK because they live in the history of Wake Football. We have excellent facilities, a Florida pipeline, A large conference that requires kids from Florida to want to play in it. We no longer are LOWF. We pay our coaches top 10 money, and we get sub .500 teams with a coach that for the past 4 years has underperformed and yet is revered. Strange if not bizzarre.

Sunshine Brigades Expectation For Grobe

low jump.jpg

Facts:
Grobe makes top 10 money, excellent facilities, Top 2 Conference on East Coast, Florida Pipeline, .500 performance over 20 years. Sub .500 since OB appearance. Things gotta change, time to raise the bar Sunshine Brigade.

Sunshine Brigade:

Look at history Grobe is great
We are lucky to have him.
It makes sense to pay him Top 10 Money to win .500 of games.
If we did not have Grobe we would win, 3 games instead of 5 games.
Everything is dandy, Grobe is great because he is a stoic nice man
Its Lobo's fault
It's Price's and Given's fault

Sunshine Brigade's expectations for Wake Football (See image) fortunately the other Wake sports programs are not held to the same standards.

Back