• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crean with envy

congrats to IU. should be ranked number 1. beat number 1 and number 2. fans did not rush the court. also helps when you start to get the recruits.

[Redacted] is almost as good, right?

First year 6-25, second year 10-21, third year 12-20. Not exactly an overnight success. Don't think our coach has been given the same amount of slack.

I'm not dissing Bz .... no point in that anymore regardless .... just hoping for a similar result

First year 6-25, second year 10-21, third year 12-20. Not exactly an overnight success. Don't think our coach has been given the same amount of slack.

Plus Indiana can get more than 50 students to show up to the game. Why some Wake fans feel entitled to better than [Redacted] when we can't even do that boggles the mind...

Plus Indiana can get more than 50 students to show up to the game. Why some Wake fans feel entitled to better than [Redacted] when we can't even do that boggles the mind...

chicken and egg

He hasn't earned it. Crean earned it. Get us a coach with his background and he'll get that slack.

Crean left a good gig to take over the abortion that was left over at Indiana. Apples and Oranges between the 2 situations

Tom Crean's ceiling is the FF or NC. Bzzz ceiling is NIT/NCAA bubble.

[Redacted]'s ceiling is Dave Odom. Solid good but not great. We ran Odom off because we grew tired of that good mediocrity and wanted more. I don't see what we are sitting around for 3-4 years "hoping" we can get Odom-type results again.

Crean was a proven winner before IU. Completely different situation than what we have now.

I hope the majority of us are dead wrong and are eating a huge plate of crow in the 2013-2014 season at this time after we've knocked off #1 UNC and #2 Duke.

[Redacted]'s ceiling is Dave Odom. Solid good but not great. We ran Odom off because we grew tired of that good mediocrity and wanted more. I don't see what we are sitting around for 3-4 years "hoping" we can get Odom-type results again.

Crean was a proven winner before IU. Completely different situation than what we have now.

I hope the majority of us are dead wrong and are eating a huge plate of crow in the 2013-2014 season at this time after we've knocked off #1 UNC and #2 Duke.

Twice post Odom we have finished last in our conference. Mediocre can mean different things to different people.

Last is worse than mediocre.

you earn that slack when you coach at Marquette, go into Chitown and pull an underrated recruit named DWade and bring that team the final 4. Our coach has never won a tourney game yet we are going to say he deserves the same slack.

It's totally reasonable to assign a ceiling to a coach who has never been with a program for more than 3 years, imo!

Back