• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Campanaro

pigskin4life

Reaction score
Just looked at his stats for the year 73 catches #4 in ACC 833 yards #6 in ACC. This is with missing a couple games. Not bad for a soph season. Not to mention that he was not our main guy. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with all the reverses and being the first look for two more years. Also the last punt return was a short one but he made 4 guys miss and was fun to watch. He is a bright spot on the offense....

Agreed. He is a stud. He just needs to stay healthy and he should be first team all acc next year. Wish some of his competitive fire would rub off on Tanner.

Is he the one who's your brother? If so, I hope you'll convey how much we love having him as a Deacon.

Wonder if he'll spend any snaps at RB next year.

Talked to some Miss State fans after the game. They thought Camp was mvp, albeit on the losing side. They noticed that he ran perfect routes, getting behind coverage but had to come back many times due to the pressure on Tanner. He is well disciplined and smart. Look for big things in the next couple of years.

Is he the one who's your brother? If so, I hope you'll convey how much we love having him as a Deacon.

Wonder if he'll spend any snaps at RB next year.
Na but I see him a lot cause he and my bro hang out. I know he loves the wake fans. He is all about that kind of stuff. One of the things he mentioned after the game was how he thought our fans held their own against all the cow bells...lol

Definitely the most promising returner on offense and perhaps the team. He had a much stronger sophomore year than our WRs have typically had and should be an absolute stud as a junior and senior.

More evidence that rankings do matter.

I work in the Tower for football games, and overheard someone in the Maryland AD's suite saying that they passed on recruiting Campanaro b/c of his size. Thanks Maryland!

Tanner is just as promising both should be solid next year.

Camp will be the key man next year. He has all the skills. (ok his hands are a bit stone like at times) but he does give total effort on every play...

I wonder if he'll stay in the slot next year.

Just re-watched the game (I know) and Terrance Davis and Dembry were terrible all game.

So, we got Camp as the MAN next year and then Ragland? Davis better improve from what I just saw. How good is Aaryn Willis?

Camp is the best offensive player on our team, IMO. He is tough. When he cannot evade the defense he looks to deliver a hit.

I have no idea why, but toughness seems to be a problem on offense. Hope that changes.

Just re-watched the game (I know) and Terrance Davis and Dembry were terrible all game.

So, we got Camp as the MAN next year and then Ragland? Davis better improve from what I just saw. How good is Aaryn Willis?

I hear it's gonna be while for Willis....Matt James will be the fourth. He is a going to breakout next year and if TD doesn't step up Matt could be our third.

Agree with Hwaker--the only thing holding Camp back is the fact that he drops too many passes that hit him in the hands (think of the interception on the first drive at UNC that set the tone for the whole day, or about three different drops in the Duke game). He does a lot of great things, but if there is a way to improve one's hands, he should definitely be doing that in the offseason.

Agree with Hwaker--the only thing holding Camp back is the fact that he drops too many passes that hit him in the hands (think of the interception on the first drive at UNC that set the tone for the whole day, or about three different drops in the Duke game). He does a lot of great things, but if there is a way to improve one's hands, he should definitely be doing that in the offseason.

Two plays against UNC were 3 yard bullets thrown high. Tanner was coached up and corrected that problem and we never saw those type of throws the rest of the season. Two drops against Duke were brutal. Having said that, I think he has the best hands on the team and going thru a whole season with two legit drops doesn't constitute bad hands.

As seen here, he was one of the best hands guys in the national 2009 draft class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJWuuA4hDmM

Our offense was out of sorts (skill positions) with the exception of Campanaro. Givens dropped a long pass that would have greatly helped his QB and then alligator'd another out route.

Please, don't throw Terrence Davis out...he has some great plays from 2011 and he has gotten better year over year...some of his plays have been spectacular and others he made look routine, particularly around the end zone where he had 5 td's on limited attempts. If any Deacon is qualified for 'breakout candidate' then TD certainly is.

Good God, did you see any of the terrific sideline snags this year or the thing of beauty against David Amerson? I can see questioning some things but Campanaro's hands? Absurd. The best hands on the 2009 Under Armor AA-Bowl Team.

Two plays against UNC were 3 yard bullets thrown high. Tanner was coached up and corrected that problem and we never saw those type of throws the rest of the season. Two drops against Duke were brutal. Having said that, I think he has the best hands on the team and going thru a whole season with two legit drops doesn't constitute bad hands.

As seen here, he was one of the best hands guys in the national 2009 draft class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJWuuA4hDmM

Ahhh I remember that like it was yesterday watching that made me think highly of that guy and very excited. Love me some Camp. I think that's all you can ask for as a fan is for someone like Camp. Plays hard, seems to love to put on the black and gold, and just loves playing football. Givens had been mine and my kids fav. player, but I gotta tell ya, Camp is probably sliding in that #1 spot for the upcoming year. Kid is a football player. I also think he has some of the best hands on the team but maybe I'm a homer. I'm sure he could improve some though. Looking forward to next year. Speaking of receivers does anyone know anything about Brandon Terry? Haven't heard much talk about him and I know he's one of our "trees" in the receiving corps.

I only know what my eyes tell me--he dropped several balls that absolutely should have been caught this season. I'm not saying he's not great, because he is.

Back