• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If Bzz succeeds ...

Deac83

Reaction score
how do the Bzzouts get reconciled back into the fold. Are they allowed to just say 'oh we are all Wake Forest' or do they need to do something more than a 'mea culpa'?

Based on the Bzzout rhetoric, I'd think an NCAA appearance next year and a final 8 appearance the next year would be enough for some form of contrition from the Bzzout contingent.

Maybe kissing Ron Wellman's ring at center court of a game?

And before people get all upset about this, now is the time to discuss this, while the end result of the Bzz era is up in the air. Unfair to bring it up if he succeeds. At the same time the Bzzouts are quite divisive and should not be given a free walk if the Bzz era does not turn out the way they predict.

Why should they not be given a free walk, fanhood is fanhood and we are all Wake Forest. Whoever wants to pull for anyone or anything can do so.

What punishment should be levied in your opinion?

Dumb thread. If Bzz succeeds, people will be very happy and he will be celebrated. Read the Panthers thread. Pretty much everybody was down on the Cam pick and everybody quickly served themselves crow and ate it. Not a single person is hemming and hawing about "well let's see how he does next year" or something like that.

One of the dumbest things on these boards is claiming that Wake fans would be anything but overjoyed by success from a Wake team.

I'm not really a militant bz outer by any stretch, but if we make the elite eight in 13-14 I'll walk on my hands to W-S and wash Bz's Prius with my tongue.

Are you shitting me? Who the fuck cares? A Bzz-Out Wake Forest fan is (in most cases) still a Wake Forest fan. If they make stupid points and end up being proven wrong, then they'll have made some stupid points, and their credibility will have taken a hit. But to suggest that such fans will have to do anything more to be "real fans" if we succeed is a monumental waste of time.

This is a message board. You know that, right? "Should not be given a free walk"... What the fuck? I'll repeat: This is a message board. Holy fuck.

And I'm as close to Bzz-In as a guy can be on these boards.

When we win back-to-back national championships the Bzzouters should be dropped one-by-one through the blades of a hovering helicopter Last Boy Scout style.

Duh.

The most likely outcome is that there is not an overwhelming success (like Cam) and hopefully there won't be an overwhelming failure again and the debate will rage on forever. The board still argues about Odom, Skip and Dino.

I don't think Lobo is a very good OC, so I usually just sit by myself in the dark and watch our football games on ESPN3 desperately pining for sacks, 3-and-outs, poorly timed shotgun draws, and botched red-zone FG attempts hoping to prove myself right to...you know, myself.

Oh wait, nevermind. I don't do that it all because I'm actually a Wake Forest fan and alum, and what I described above is completely retarded.

The tide turned on Cam before he was an overwhelming success.

This discussion about Bzz is getting ridiculous. Let's face it. If there were message boards 25 years ago, there would have been people who were StaakOut and people who were StaakIn. Now nobody would admit they were in the latter.

Even in his last year, there were board posters who didn't think Caldwell should be fired. You don't hear them claiming that now.

If Bz doesn't produce, everybody will disavow him. If he does, everybody will support him. If he reaches mediocrity, he'll be debated forever.

You accuse BuzzOUT! people of being divisive in the same thread where you joke that they should be forced to kiss Ron Wellman's ring if Buzz somehow does the unpredictable.

Fantastic.

Carolina Huddle, the OGBoards equivalent of the Panthers, had soooooo many CamOuters through the first half of the season. There are still a handful. Those are the fanatics. It took one of the greatest rookie seasons of all time to shut most people up. That usually doesn't happen for one side of a debate.

Arguing against Cam now is like arguing that the Packers didn't win the Super Bowl last year. Cam's success is basically FACT.

Right. Even there is definite success, people will change their minds and admit they were wrong.

Are you shitting me? Who the fuck cares? A Bzz-Out Wake Forest fan is (in most cases) still a Wake Forest fan. If they make stupid points and end up being proven wrong, then they'll have made some stupid points, and their credibility will have taken a hit. But to suggest that such fans will have to do anything more to be "real fans" if we succeed is a monumental waste of time.

This is a message board. You know that, right? "Should not be given a free walk"... What the fuck? I'll repeat: This is a message board. Holy fuck.

And I'm as close to Bzz-In as a guy can be on these boards.

Wow, this is a message board?

I posted a thought on the message board.

Agree or disagree with the thought, but your point about this being a message board is kind of ironic.

Oh and wtf. Now I feel complete.

Right. Even there is definite success, people will change their minds and admit they were wrong.

I'll agree they'll change their minds, but admit they are wrong. Please. Some will most will not. They will hid behind the failing memories of aging internet board posters.

Dumb thread. If Bzz succeeds, people will be very happy and he will be celebrated. Read the Panthers thread. Pretty much everybody was down on the Cam pick and everybody quickly served themselves crow and ate it. Not a single person is hemming and hawing about "well let's see how he does next year" or something like that.

One of the dumbest things on these boards is claiming that Wake fans would be anything but overjoyed by success from a Wake team.

IMO, there are a contingent of 'fans' that want Bzz to fail miserably and faster so he will be replaced sooner.

The dumbest thing on these boards is making every game, almost every time out or out of bounds play a referendum on Bzz.

Would I have like to have a new coach with a history I could place blind faith into? Sure. Given that Bzz is not that coach, I'm going to 'wait and see' what he does and not continuously harp on his past since he is already here. The time to evaluate the past is when someone is being hired not after, so people need to get over that.

How is this relevant? Well, many people claim our lack of attendance is in protest to the Bzz hire or something along those lines. How is that being a 'fan' or 'supporter'? I'm losing the connection there.

You know I was relentless on Odom for probably his last three years hear, but that position was based on what I saw on the court at Wake, not something that did not happen here.

Finally, sure it's a message board, but just like real life there are things you should say and things you should keep to yourself. Once they are said you can never take them back. Those things you shouldn't say changes the relationship forever. People have to judge for themselves if they should post every thought that comes into their head. Some appear to have no self editing capability.

Wake is a small community, certainly when compared to the large universities, so I'm not so sure it's as easy to forgive and forget in that environment.

IMO, there are a contingent of 'fans' that want Bzz to fail miserably and faster so he will be replaced sooner.

The dumbest thing on these boards is making every game, almost every time out or out of bounds play a referendum on Bzz.

Would I have like to have a new coach with a history I could place blind faith into? Sure. Given that Bzz is not that coach, I'm going to 'wait and see' what he does and not continuously harp on his past since he is already here. The time to evaluate the past is when someone is being hired not after, so people need to get over that.

How is this relevant? Well, many people claim our lack of attendance is in protest to the Bzz hire or something along those lines. How is that being a 'fan' or 'supporter'? I'm losing the connection there.

You know I was relentless on Odom for probably his last three years hear, but that position was based on what I saw on the court at Wake, not something that did not happen here.

Finally, sure it's a message board, but just like real life there are things you should say and things you should keep to yourself. Once they are said you can never take them back. Those things you shouldn't say changes the relationship forever. People have to judge for themselves if they should post every thought that comes into their head. Some appear to have no self editing capability.

Wake is a small community, certainly when compared to the large universities, so I'm not so sure it's as easy to forgive and forget in that environment.

Disagree with your first statement here. As someone who sides with the BZzout crowd, I would love to be proven wrong and each game (though I don't set my schedule around the games anymore so I don't watch them as closely) I pull for a win. I understand the Bzzz supporters who want to give him more time....that is only fair to cast a true opinion of his ability to coach/recruit/rebuild the program, but I believe that 3 years from now that his regime will strongly resemble the Staak years, which I lived through. Who will be the "Dave Odom" that saves us.

Back