• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake -5.5 O/U 131.5

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Wofford seems to play a lot of low scoring games.

Wofford lost 4 starters from last year's championship squad, so they have to play slow, possession-oriented half court offense b/c of depth issues. But the defense lacks height, so it could get ugly quick if the Terriers get into foul trouble.

I watched Wofford give Davidson fits down in Spartanburg back at the beginning of December. They definitely lost a ton off of last year's team (back-to-back NCAA appearances), so they don't have a lot of depth. However, they will play hard man-to-man defense and they won't back down. Mike Young has done an excellent job there.

Wofford lost 4 starters from last year's championship squad, so they have to play slow, possession-oriented half court offense b/c of depth issues. But the defense lacks height, so it could get ugly quick if the Terriers get into foul trouble.

I looked up the Wofford team a couple of months ago cause one of my roommates is a Wofford grad/obnoxious homer and was talking trash when the schedule came out. IIRC, Wofford lost its three leading scorers from last year, returned no players who averaged double digits, and also lost their leading rebounder.

I really, really want us to win this game. A 4-game win streak going into conference play would be great.

Interesting matchup tempo-wise and one which is difficult to set an O/U for. Wake is an uptempo team while Wofford slows the game down. I like Wake to win this one somewhere in the 68-58 area.

Plus the thought that we could lose to a SoCon team that is replacing 4 starters is just too depressing to think about.

I watched Wofford give Davidson fits down in Spartanburg back at the beginning of December. They definitely lost a ton off of last year's team (back-to-back NCAA appearances), so they don't have a lot of depth. However, they will play hard man-to-man defense and they won't back down. Mike Young has done an excellent job there.

A good test for our team.

How's their rebounding?

They're decent at keeping teams off the offensive glass and not very good at rebounding their own misses

Also they have a senior named Brad Loesing who has played more minutes of his team's games than any other player in the country.

A good test for our team.

How's their rebounding?

They're +5 on the season but I doubt they've played any strong rebounding teams(not that we are one.) Sagarin has us by 8, which is consistent with them losing to HPU on the road by 8, and us barely beating them there.

They beat a 12-2 Tulane team, but Tulane has an extremely weak schedule. Losing a tight home game to Davidson isn't bad, but a three point home win against NAIA Virginia-Wise doesn't say much.

Deacs get the win, but no win is easy for this group.

Does Seth Breitenstein play hoops too?...

I think we lose tonight. In fact, put money on Wofford. Deman's reporting some news on Scout that makes this a certainty.

Back