• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What's Up with CJ?

Groin injury. Apparently it's not serious; they just wanted to sit him out before ACC play.

We need him to compete with VPI, that's why he is resting tonight.

Like we can rest anybody. We are going to suck in ACC play. Probably made Wofford pissed that Wake thought it could "rest" somebody without a serious injury.

Groin injury. Apparently it's not serious; they just wanted to sit him out before ACC play.

Well that was a dumb call by [Redacted]. Wofford was our last non-ACC shitty opponent.

Also, I hope coach gives the #Supersix plenty of play time next year and doesn't have them ride the bench just cuz they're freshmen and young

Well that was a dumb call by [Redacted]. Wofford was our last non-ACC shitty opponent.

Also, I hope coach gives the #Supersix plenty of play time next year and doesn't have them ride the bench just cuz they're freshmen and young

CJ missed practice Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. He tried to practice this morning but couldn't cut without pain. Hopefully, a couple of more days of therapy and not stressing it will resolve the problem and he'll be good to go. He needs to at least have a good practice Friday or we may not see him against VTech.

Groin injuries are tricky. Don't hold your breath, I'm afraid.

lol why would he risk further injury against Wofford with VPI up next?

Just wanted to add that I thought AI did a very solid job tonight.

I have zero problem with [Redacted] not risking further injury to CJ tonight given it was the last non-conference game of the year. Caution was the right move, I mean, it was pretty much the only logical move, but Mr. [Redacted] got it right. No problem with that.

So risk losing one of our last few winnable games to be sure he can play in games we won't win?

So risk losing one of our last few winnable games to be sure he can play in games we won't win?

Conference games matter. Those of us on the outside recognize this as a weak team that will struggle to win games. 5 conference wins might be a stretch with this group.

But when you're on the inside you have to prepare as if you want to win championships and you have to believe that you can win them. You take every step possible to maximize your chance to win a championship. Granted, it's a huge stretch to imagine this as any kind of a championship team, but a coach has to prepare the team as if it could be.

deacfreke is right here.

Plus, beating VT would do us alot more good than beating Wofford.

And I am sure that if CJ could have played last night he would have.

deacfreke is right here.

Plus, beating VT would do us alot more good than beating Wofford.

And I am sure that if CJ could have played last night he would have.

I thought reports were that he could, but was held out for precautionary measures.

Lose one key player, lose to Wofford. WF sports can be so depressing. I don't know if these boards alleviate or exacerbate the feeling.

Back