• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How long will it take Wake Basketball to be relevant again?

The bigger question is WHAT and/or WHO must change for it to be relevant again.

depends on the coach...either way, 2-4 years after bzzz

So I am at dinner with some of my buddies and college basketball is brought up. Carolina, Dook and State are discussed but once Wake is mentioned, they just look at me and say....dude, sorry man!
It is just sad.

Contender for the ACC crown and a top 4 seed for the tourney.

This year. Based on our current record, if we expand our winning % out to project the full season we win around 20 games. You can't argue with math.

Roughly 3 years after we get rid of the fucking Manchurian candidate that is currently cratering the program.

Roughly 3 years after we get rid of the fucking Manchurian candidate that is currently cratering the program.

"Jeff [Redacted] is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life." Ron Wellman

Contender for the ACC crown and a top 4 seed for the tourney.

If we went out tomorrow and got a kick ass coach, we could get close to that Travis's senior year. The first half of your definition more likely than the second, seeing as how the acc has gone to shit recently.

It's really unfortunately/embarrassing/shameful/speaks volumes about how far we've fallen in the past 19 months that Wake won't make the tournament again before CJ graduates. The highlight of a player's career shouldn't come during his freshman year.

still struggling with Wellman's reasons for Bzz. I am okay with the Dino firing, maybe happened a year to early. BUT, there were/are soooooo many good, energetic, young coaches out there, and we get Bzz. There is no way the players get any energy/motivation getting coached by him.

I truly feel horrible that CJ and Travis have to endure this. I can't imagine the regrets they are having for coming to WFU. And, that just sucks. Wellman needs to correct this problem now, gather some cash and go recruit a young coach that can build a competitive program at WFU.

The right hire could turn our program around within a couple of years. But if the next hire is botched we're looking at a lost decade.

Back