• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ty Walker

berneses

Reaction score
Probably deserves a start versus VPI on Saturday. Great effort tonight. Clearly outplaying CD at this moment. I wonder if he and CD can play at the same time. Nikita really struggles in so many ways.

Had a great game...still rotates poorly and doesn't really understand the defense but can make up for it with his athleticism.

Kudos to him tonight.

As one of the biggest Ty haters during his first 3 years, he's improved by leaps and bounds this year. As long as we don't rebound the whole game, we might as well get some blocks out of it....

Good for him. He looked positively aggressive at times. I certainly do hope he starts over Carson Saturday.

I agree. The kid is playing hard and deserves a shot. How in the world could he do worse than what we've been running out there so far?

Played really well tonight. Wish we played Carson and Ty together and did some high/low stuff with the two of them. Carson is dangerous from mid-range and on defense, they can clog the lane with their length

Ty was awesome, and didn't even take any stupid shots.

Are we starting threads for every team member?

Ty played 26 minutes and had 12 rebounds, 3 blocks and was 3-3 from the field for 6 points. Pretty good game for the big guy. Hope he keeps improving.

The good news is that Ty played well for Ty. The bad news is that he was easily, very easily, the second best player on our team. Embarrassing really.

Carson and Ty played together at two different points tonight ... created a tremendous size advantage ... we still didnt take advantage by pushing it inside effectively.

Carson and Ty played together at two different points tonight ... created a tremendous size advantage ... we still didnt take advantage by pushing it inside effectively.

I don't disagree with you that it created a tremendous size advantage, but what exactly do either of those guys do with the ball if they receive it down low? Carson is going to just kick it back out and Ty is going to try to shoot it. It's not like we have a back-to-the-basket threat of any kind on the blocks. Carson didn't seem to pick anything new up over the summer and Ty is probably not going to get it at this stage... Green has an excuse, at least, but we don't really have anybody who can play in the post right now.

I used to think that we could use Travis a bit on the blocks, but he's more of a spot-up/driving guy for us this year. And, Nikita. Well...

Ty's 12 boards allowed us to tie Wofford in rebounds!!!!

There is no post game in the Bzzzz offense is the problem.

I was just excited someone was rebounding. I'd give him the start just for that.

Sure he should start. Carson is a complete nonfactor. Gives us nothing on the offensive end.

At least when Ty was in, we started limiting their offensive rebounds which gave us a chance to get back into the game.

Last edited:
You would think this is how a 5-star seven footer would play as a freshman. Too bad he is a senior.

I guess better late than never.

You guys are excited about a reserve center scoring six points in 26 minutes. Yeah, we really do suck.

This quote is spot on. Size advantage will not help at all if neither player has any low post moves at all. There is almost no reason to throw it inside to either one of these guys and the defenses know that.

I don't disagree with you that it created a tremendous size advantage, but what exactly do either of those guys do with the ball if they receive it down low? Carson is going to just kick it back out and Ty is going to try to shoot it. It's not like we have a back-to-the-basket threat of any kind on the blocks. Carson didn't seem to pick anything new up over the summer and Ty is probably not going to get it at this stage... Green has an excuse, at least, but we don't really have anybody who can play in the post right now.

I used to think that we could use Travis a bit on the blocks, but he's more of a spot-up/driving guy for us this year. And, Nikita. Well...

Back