• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNCG beating Miami

Reggie Johnson picked up 3 quick fouls in the first half. If he can stay on the court, they should win.
So you mean if Miami is without its best player (Reggie Johnson, in this instance), it's possible that they could lose to a terrible mid major team like UNCG?

Huh.

If we had the '07 Wake team with Ish, Teague, and Johnson we would finish in the top 4 of the ACC. Heck, if we had the '06 squad that featured Kyle Visser and Mike Drum we'd probably be in the top half.

We can lose to Wofford and still win 5-6 conference games. The ACC is the new Conference USA.

So you mean if Miami is without its best player (Reggie Johnson, in this instance), it's possible that they could lose to a terrible mid major team like UNCG?

Huh.

Please explain how you find it acceptable for Wake to lose to an 8-6 so con team , even if our best player didn't play? Are you a new Wake fan or someone who never enjoyed the good teams and years?

Please explain how you find it acceptable for Wake to lose to an 8-6 so con team , even if our best player didn't play? Are you a new Wake fan or someone who never enjoyed the good teams and years?
I've followed Wake most of my life, and I'm older than 18 months. What does that have to do with anything?

I explained my reasoning in the other threads. If you didn't understand it then, you won't understand it now.

I've followed Wake most of my life, and I'm older than 18 months. What does that have to do with anything?

I explained my reasoning in the other threads. If you didn't understand it then, you won't understand it now.

I just haven't read everything. I didn't know if you were a young undergrad whom never saw the good Wake teams. To me that is the only way I can understand someone generating excuses for what happened tonight.

Amazing that two short years ago, everybody was freaking because we lost to an NIT bound W&M at home in the worst OOC loss ever.

Since that time, we have lost to Stetson, Presbyterian, Wofford, & Winthrop at home.

Amazing that two short years ago, everybody was freaking because we lost to an NIT bound W&M at home in the worst OOC loss ever.

Since that time, we have lost to Stetson, Presbyterian, Wofford, & Winthrop at home.

That has to be the worst of the group. I remember seeing that name on the bottom line of ESPN when I was in HS. A bunch of my friends used to insert them as the worst team in the nation. I felt like every good team in the country would schedule them and beat them by like 40 every game. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that we would lose to them at home.

I just haven't read everything. I didn't know if you were a young undergrad whom never saw the good Wake teams. To me that is the only way I can understand someone generating excuses for what happened tonight.
I'm a current undergrad. That changes literally nothing.

I've been a Wake fan my entire life and I'm not a flaming idiot (for the most part)

did RSF also hold up miami as an example that an empty arena against a bad mid-major doesn't signal apathy, when few fanbases rival Miami's apathy for basketball

Back