• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BCS OUT

Nothing about those 2 teams made me think they could take on Bama or LSU. Like even come close to them. I'm happy just with how awesome these games were

I think LSU would probably run OSU, but yeah, I would still much rather watch it than Bama-LSU part deux, A WEEK FROM NOW.

F this bowl scheduling.

I think LSU would probably run OSU, but yeah, I would still much rather watch it than Bama-LSU part deux, A WEEK FROM NOW.

F this bowl scheduling.

I just don't get complaining about seeing two teams playing each other again after the first 2 BCS games being completely awesome the way they are

I don't think OSU would put up 17 against either LSU or Alabama

This is kind of crazy, but I understand. Fwiw, i think OSU could score around 24 against either of those teams, and against their offenses that might be enough to win.

You don't think the OSU offense could score well against LSU?

In case you're wondering, I do remember how much you made fun of me for thinking Auburn was heads and tails better than Boise, only for Boise to get trounced by Nevada hours later, and no, I'm not going to debate with you against your retarded anti-SEC bias

I just don't get complaining about seeing two teams playing each other again after the first 2 BCS games being completely awesome the way they are

I think that's fair, but it's just the idea that someone else deserves a shot and if an OSU-LSU game would have had the same excitement as tonight's game, it would be unbelievable. Instead, we get a rehash. Bleh.

But yeah, can't complain about the excitement of the games today. I will complain that they weren't on New Year's Day and that we have to wait another week for the damn National Championship.

I want a fucking playoff

chips.gif

SOON.

BCS sucks, thats all i have to say. if every regular season game is a "playoff" like the claim, then WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TO WATCH THE SAME GAME?????? (granted i didn't watch much of the first game as i was watching Wake/ND but you get my point)

BCS sucks, thats all i have to say. if every regular season game is a "playoff" like the claim, then WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TO WATCH THE SAME GAME?????? (granted i didn't watch much of the first game as i was watching Wake/ND but you get my point)

That's one of the downsides of having a (in this case, two team) playoff after the season.

In case you're wondering, I do remember how much you made fun of me for thinking Auburn was heads and tails better than Boise, only for Boise to get trounced by Nevada hours later, and no, I'm not going to debate with you against your retarded anti-SEC bias

lol...getting trounced? Didn't they lose by 3 in OT?

SEC RULZZZZZZZZZ

This is kind of crazy, but I understand. Fwiw, i think OSU could score around 24 against either of those teams, and against their offenses that might be enough to win.

I'm not going to get into a drawn out debate on this so I'll just post what I think and anyone who wants to can have the last word.

1. LSU and Alabama are by far the best two teams in college football this year. The quick, spread offenses that OSU and Oregon run are successful against sub-par defenses, but really good defenses shut down those offenses every time. And they don't have bad offenses (they average 39 and 36 points per game); it's just that their defenses are way better. I think either Bama or LSU would beat Stanford, OSU, or Oregon by at least two touchdowns, probably more.

2. That said, I was hoping we would see LSU vs. OSU for the national championship (go back and look at my posts on the bowl selection day). When you have a system where you have to choose who plays for it, there should be some element of choosing the two most deserving teams and not necessarily the two best teams. LSU/Bama is the two best teams, but I think LSU/OSU would be a matchup of two more deserving teams. OSU's win tonight is further support that they should've been in the national championship game...

3. ...but it isn't enough to start talking about split titles. If you have a loss on your resume, you don't get to talk about split titles. Auburn '04 was left out of the BCS and had a right to talk about a split title because there was nothing else they could've done. OSU could've beat ISU. So at the end of the day, they should've gotten to play for it, but they don't have a good argument for a split title.

All that is JMO.

3. ...but it isn't enough to start talking about split titles. If you have a loss on your resume, you don't get to talk about split titles. Auburn '04 was left out of the BCS and had a right to talk about a split title because there was nothing else they could've done. OSU could've beat ISU. So at the end of the day, they should've gotten to play for it, but they don't have a good argument for a split title.

i agree 100% but what if alabama wins. does OkState have a case at a split then?

i don't know if they do or not, just throwing that out there

Back