• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fans who want to fire Grobe ...

RicoSuave

Reaction score
It seems like the same people who rant about wanting to fire Grobe (and/or Lobo) are the VERY SAME PEOPLE who wanted to fire Gaudio. How did that work out for you?

So, what you're saying is that you don't trust Wellman to make another hire?

A strawman, a boogeyman, and flawed logic all in one brief post. Nice work.

No doubt. The fact Gaudio got picked up so fast after being fired just shows Wellman made a poor move.

Wait...

It seems like the same people who rant about wanting to fire Grobe (and/or Lobo) are the VERY SAME PEOPLE who wanted to fire Gaudio. How did that work out for you?

Anybody who thinks Grobe should be fired is an idiot. Is he perfect in every aspect of coaching, no, but who is. Yesterday I watched Mark Richt go brain dead and settle for a 43 yard field goal in overtime with a shaky kicker and the Winconsin coach (who before the game I commented to my wife that I didn't think he was very smart) completely brain fart away a critical timeout and allow time to run out because he was dumb enough to call for a spike with 2 seconds left!!!!! In fact, I think after yesterday I really understand what Grobe means when he says he's not real emotional on the sidelines because emotion can mess up your judgement. The Wisconsin coach got emotional on the touchback call because of the crowd reaction instead of realizing the official was right there on the call and it probably wasn't worth wasting a timeout on anyway.

The only way to truly appreciate what Grobe has done here is to look back at the history of Wake football. That's not to say I don't think he should shake his staff at times or that I think he's earned the right to be here until he wants to leave even if we go 4-8 the next 5 years. However, for anybody to even think he should be fired now, is a moron or socaldeac, which is the same thing.

Anybody who thinks Grobe should be fired is an idiot. Is he perfect in every aspect of coaching, no, but who is. Yesterday I watched Mark Richt go brain dead and settle for a 43 yard field goal in overtime with a shaky kicker and the Winconsin coach (who before the game I commented to my wife that I didn't think he was very smart) completely brain fart away a critical timeout and allow time to run out because he was dumb enough to call for a spike with 2 seconds left!!!!! In fact, I think after yesterday I really understand what Grobe means when he says he's not real emotional on the sidelines because emotion can mess up your judgement. The Wisconsin coach got emotional on the touchback call because of the crowd reaction instead of realizing the official was right there on the call and it probably wasn't worth wasting a timeout on anyway.

The only way to truly appreciate what Grobe has done here is to look back at the history of Wake football. That's not to say I don't think he should shake his staff at times or that I think he's earned the right to be here until he wants to leave even if we go 4-8 the next 5 years. However, for anybody to even think he should be fired now, is a moron or socaldeac, which is the same thing.

Great post. Where were you when the board was calling for Grobe's head after the Music City Bowl?

Great post. Where were you when the board was calling for Grobe's head after the Music City Bowl?

The only thing I had to post with was my Iphone and I detest posting anything beyond a sentence or 2 on that thing, so I waited until today.

Dino had a very big hand in making our basketball program what it is today.

Back