• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will we defeat Virginia Tech?

Will we beat VPI?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RedSoxFaithful

a vicar in a tutu
Reaction score
We haven't done one of these in a while, but I figured I'd get this up early for our ACC opener, what with all the somehow intensified hatred for [Redacted] in the last 24 hours. Question is simple: Will be beat VPI? Simple yes/no is fine.

Last one was the Gardner-Webb game, where 95% said yes.

Apologies to Doofus if I'm stepping on your toes here.

I wish "Fuck, no" was an option, but it isn't. A simple "no" will have to suffice for me.

I should state that in this conference schedule, I think we're going to steal one game we aren't supposed to win, and this seems to be the most likely one.

I do think we win. McKie looked livid at Wake's effort last night. He and CJ are going to be fired up beyond all belief this weekend. Hopefully, it'll rub off on Carson, TC will be able to stay out of his own way, and Chase's shot will start falling again. That's a lot of hope, I know. It's a winnable game, though.

I don't think we will win, but I do love beating greenberg.

good news is that if we win it will keep them out of the tourney. again.

I think any game except for Dook and UNC is "winnable". By that I mean, we have the great equalizer in the 3 point shot. If some combination of Chase/CJ/Nikita gets hot from 3 point land, Travis gives us his usual beast-mode self, and Carson or Ty has a double-double game, we can beat anybody in the conference except Dook and UNC

I realize that that grouping of occurrences won't happen with any regularity (and that's why we probably won't finish higher than 10th in the ACC), BUT it can happen (and has already happened at least once this season)

Lets all pray for CJs groin, we need it now more than ever.

CJ's groin was fine for him to go last night, he was held out for precautionary measures with conference play starting on Saturday.

Also while we're at it, everyone that's in Winston and can get over to the game Saturday afternoon please do. I realize that people are frustrated and apathetic but it's still ACC basketball and VPI is a top 40 team in the country.

Back