• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will Ty start on Saturday?

Will Ty Start on Saturday

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He should. He is our best chance to be competitive on the boards.

Doubt he'll start but he'll probably end up with more minutes than Carson.

He should start with Carson. Bring Nikita off the bench.

He should start with Carson. Bring Nikita off the bench.

I like that. Would save us 3 or 4 turn-overs and 6 or 7 missed shots, at least 1/2 of them lay-ups.

but, I am not sure who would dive for loose balls.

I have not been a Ty fan. He himself took care of that.

Yet, when you look at our situation (bleak, bleak, bleak), Ty is the one player given his physical assets who could turn our season around...the only player who could do so. Travis and CJ are playing about as well as they can. Chase could shoot better, but cannot get his shot off very often. TC simply cannot shoot, but he could pass better. Carson could surely rebound better. NM...well, let's build for next year. Green should play more, IMO, but is not a game changer. Ty is the only player who has the potential to be a much more significant factor than he has been.

If only the young man could see that and play to his full ability.

I would not be surprised to see Ty start on Saturday. In fact, I think he will. I also think that he and Carson will spend more time on the floor together. We must limit VPI on the o-glass to have any shot at beating them.

Ty's averaging more than 10 rebounds per 30 minutes.

If rebounding and defense are as important to Bz as he says they are, Ty should start. Never mind that Ty's the only big man on the roster who can post up.

According to the old board, Ty is starting today. I hope he makes the best of the opportunity

I don't think it really matters if Carson or Ty starts. Since Ty has been back he and Carson have essentially been switching back and forth on who is rebounding better. Both have looked pretty poor on the offensive side of the floor for the duration of the season with only one or two exceptions (Nebraska for Carson and Gardener Webb for Ty are the examples the spring to mind).

I don't think it would be good for Ty to start because of his primary problem (the head). That said, I wouldn't be disappointed to see us go with the twin towers this afternoon because I think it would make sense with Carson's face-up game to play him more in that role. I just don't know if he'll be able to play d on an ACC power forward.

As Red Auerbach used to say, "It's not who starts but who finishes that counts."

Go Deacs! (That's the sailordeac corollary to the Red Auerbach doctrine.)

Never again...

Ty is by far one of the most disappointing Deacs ever. I truly hope he turns it around, but he was awful today. 2 rebounds in 24 minutes? I don't even think I saw him box out, once. At least Carson tried. Also, that block came at the expense of a defensive rebound and an easy put-back for Davila. He missed two of the easiest looks inside that I've seen in awhile and that jump shot was ill-advised, at best. It might be time to close the door on Ty...

I thought Ty did ok today. He got a couple steals, blocks and gave us a couple second chances on possessions. I weirdly find myself wanting him to play more now. And I have been one of his biggest critics throughout his career.

Ty played good/great defense today. He altered every shot within range, and the attention he commanded led to the rest of our team getting a lot of rebounds. His passing from the high post was also great, except for his turnover that led to a runout dunk. I would bet that VT missed 5+ layups because of Ty's defense.

I thought Ty did ok today. He got a couple steals, blocks and gave us a couple second chances on possessions. I weirdly find myself wanting him to play more now. And I have been one of his biggest critics throughout his career.

How??? I can't find a +/-, but I can't think of a single thing he did on either end of the floor today to warrant playing time.

No reason to change the starting lineup after today's game. The team got off to a really nice start and I thought Derosiers played better coming off the bench.

Back