• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OGBoards Fundraiser

tsywake

Sheikh of Smoke
Staff member
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen of OGBoards,

After much deliberation, and perhaps too much Christmas shopping, OGBoards has decided to accept monetary contributions from its members. There is no obligation to give, and the amount any individual poster either gave or didn't give will not be public information. Let me repeat: There is no obligation to give. We are also not considering putting advertisements on the website. This is a strictly voluntary contribution to help defray our hosting costs.

This is also not OGBoards going public. You will not obtain an ownership stake in the boards for giving, nor will you gain any special benefits or decision-making power aside from being able to select a custom title. We will not treat posters differently or grant them increased leniency in our moderating decisions on account of a contribution. In other words, Kanho can't buy his way out of his playpen thread.

A Paypal account has been set up at ogbpitboss(at)gmail.com, which you can access. If you do choose to give, we recommend a contribution somewhere between $20-$50. You can give more, you can give less, you can give not at all. Follow your hearts. Again, you will not receive any special benefit apart from a custom title by contributing, and will not gain any additional benefit by virtue of giving more instead of less. If you do try to extort any special treatment, or pull the "I'm an owner of this board now" card, we reserve the right to out your weaselly ways to the entire community.

The Paypal account is currently up and running. If you have any problems working it, please let me know via PM. We, and especially TW, deeply appreciate any money you choose to give.

Go Deacs

Paypal shut me down a while ago. Something about my phone number and I had no interest in fixing it. Can I just give you or DV some Jacksons?

Sure. Feel free to mail me a check if you'd like. Anyone else that's in a similar situation, feel free to PM and I'll send you my address.

You should just give it all to me Tuffalo. Kthx.

Just a reminder-

When you contribute, make sure you select "personal gift."

It's my understanding this either reduces or eliminates the surcharge PayPal charges.

Just a reminder-

When you contribute, make sure you select "personal gift."

It's my understanding this either reduces or eliminates the surcharge PayPal charges.
That is correct. Otherwise it's like an 80 cent charge or something.

Of course now I can't find that in the small print on their website. However, I buy throwback t-shirts from a guy who asked me to do that so I figured he'd know.

How much to buy the naming rights on the politics forum?

not me unfortunately. it's a great one

oh, sorry, thought this was the thread for.donations for the board grobe-lobo wedding gift.

Those who have donated, should have a PM from me explaining how to change your custom title. Let me know if you have any problems.

For those who have donated, here are the instructions on how to change your title:

Go to usercp --> Your Profile --> Edit Your Details. You should see a section that says custom user title. Change it to whatever you'd like <25 characters, and save it at the bottom.

Can you give an update on how much you've raised so far?

Right now we are up to just over $400, donated by 15 individuals. At our current useage, that will sustain the site for almost 18 months.

Right now we are up to just over $400, donated by 15 individuals. At our current useage, that will sustain the site for almost 18 months.

It should be noted that we have double the available bandwidth on our new host. We can almost double in size and still be comfortable at our current price point.

Thanks for your support everyone!!

That's great.

It's also not nearly as much as I thought it would take to run a site like this for that long. But I know diddley squat about this stuff.

Back