• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So, when Kevin Steele get fired today...

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
do we pick him up to fill one of our open slots....:laugh:

Can you imagine the revolt in Knoxville if they bring Steele in. Derek Dooley would be run out of town I would have to think.

Dooley is having trouble down there......article just came out that he told two commits to go pursue other options Lol.

I think Steele should go there......good move for him.

Dooley is having trouble down there......article just came out that he told two commits to go pursue other options Lol.

I think Steele should go there......good move for him.

Yeah, if I were you, I'd want him to go there to.

PS- I'd be lying if I said a part of me didn't enjoy seeing the Tigers get 70 put on them last night, I remember well the early 80's game when Clemson put 82 or something on us, but I do fell bad for you Diego. Had to be frustrating to watch.

Last edited:
It wasn't frustrating, it was soul crushing....especially because of two things...

1) we lived up to our reputation of quitting after getting punched in the mouth.

2) we were actually running with them before the defense gave up. Boyd had 180 yards and Ellington had over 100 each by halftime....and we were down by 29!

And we can't even say "well it was #5 ranked Oregon so shit happens"

Just completely skull fucked. Props to Holgerson for not dropping 100, which as ridiculous as that may sound, was entirely possible.

Unfortunately, it wasn't just the defense that quit.

It wasn't frustrating, it was soul crushing....especially because of two things...

1) we lived up to our reputation of quitting after getting punched in the mouth.

2) we were actually running with them before the defense gave up. Boyd had 180 yards and Ellington had over 100 each by halftime....and we were down by 29!

And we can't even say "well it was #5 ranked Oregon so shit happens"

Just completely skull fucked. Props to Holgerson for not dropping 100, which as ridiculous as that may sound, was entirely possible.

Dabo was the wrong choice. Just think, if you had waited a week, Tubberville would have been available.

The take away when Clemson was going to score was the turning point. All down hill for the Tigers after that. Just like the take away on the field goal attempt that Clemson ran back for a TD completely turned our game with them around. Now the Tigers know how it feels. Thankfully, ours was in the 4th quarter, not the 1st.

I think Dabo is a great recruiter, but has no business wearing the headset as a head coach.

See I think Dabo is the perfect HC, if and that's a big if, he surrounds himself with great coordinators. He is good at rah rah speeches and he's the best person to sit down with momma and convince her that her son should go to Clemson. He has the OC, but we got crushed all year on defense and never adjusted.

Dabo was the wrong choice. Just think, if you had waited a week, Tubberville would have been available.

Way worse than that. We interviewed Gary Patterson and he wanted to come to Clemson, but we told him to go pound sand. Worst. Decision. Ever.

Didn't help that you had Boyd forcing passes every game too. Who is the QB coach at Clemson? He really needs to work with Boyd on that.

"Wow, Dabo, that sure is a nice lookin Bobby Dodd COTY trophy you got sittin thar on yer mantle. Wait, isn't that the year you lost 70-33?"

See I think Dabo is the perfect HC, if and that's a big if, he surrounds himself with great coordinators. He is good at rah rah speeches and he's the best person to sit down with momma and convince her that her son should go to Clemson. He has the OC, but we got crushed all year on defense and never adjusted.

Well, I can see your point, but this Clemson team was too good to get pounded by NC State and humiliated by WVa and the blame for that has got to start at the top. I think the rah-rah stuff gets overused and loses it's effectiveness. Right now it seems Dabo lacks the leadership beyond the rah-rah stuff.

Well, I can see your point, but this Clemson team was too good to get pounded by NC State and humiliated by WVa and the blame for that has got to start at the top. I think the rah-rah stuff gets overused and loses it's effectiveness. Right now it seems Dabo lacks the leadership beyond the rah-rah stuff.

Probably right.....he was the last guy I wanted, but he got us our first acc title in a million years.....not that that means much considering the ass whipping by Scar and WVU

off topic, but I read in the paper that Tommy Bowden was in attendance at the Orange Bowl....in the West Virginia president's box!!! (Bowden is a WVU alum, but damn)

Props to Holgerson for not dropping 100, which as ridiculous as that may sound, was entirely possible.

I agree... WV easily could have gotten to 77 by the end of the third quarter if they didn't quit trying.

Back