• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's Tennis - GREAT NEWS !

Hondo

Reaction score
Bresky's inaugural class is one of the most decorated in the country and one of the best in Wake Forest history. Delcore and Mays are rated as blue chip recruits by the Tennis Recruiting Network, while Bauer and Ho are five-star recruits and Henry received a four-star rating. It is the first time that a Demon Deacon recruiting class has ever had four players that received at least a five-star rating.

"Being able to bring in a tremendous class like this is a testament to the national reputation of Wake Forest both athletically and academically, as well as our commitment to tennis by building our brand-new facility and bringing in the Winston-Salem Open."

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-tennis/spec-rel/010512aaa.html

Hopefully the new facility continues to pay off. Its nice hearing 5 stars and WFU in the same sentence.

We are now Tennis U.

Great class after a great get with the new coach.

Wow. That's really hard to do. Tennis, Soccer & Golf school FTW.

Coach has an impressive resume. I don't know how scholarships work in Men's Tennis, but I'm assuming it's a sport that most elite players can afford to pay tuition.

Is it me or is it depressing that after a bowl season and on the brink of opening ACC play in hoops, the best thing we've got to get excited about is a recruiting class in....tennis?????:noidea:

Tis you live....this recruit story was just announced.

AIR, we all generally concur that our hoops recruits look good and that our football class looks very good. BB&T looks terrific with more improvements coming and our baseball park has a big video scoreboard going up in right field as we speak....the latest in a series of planned upgrades.

Oh and back on topic, we now have one of - if not THE best - outdoor and indoor tennis facilities in the country !

BTW, just got my hotel reservations for this November in South Bend :cool:

GO DEACS !

Terrific news. Always like to see the tennis program do well. The addition of the new facility and hosting the W-S Open are both huge. Excellent class coming in and this kid will also be eligible to play next year and has an impressive resume.

Wake Men's Tennis

Amazing Recruiting Class for the New Coach. This class rivals what Coach V pulls in with soccer. This may be one of the best recruiting classes in any make sport ever. New facilities, new coach, and Wakes strong academics, and unique sports set up may make Wake Men's Tennis not a top 16 team, but a regular national contender. Nice to see!

Although many are consumed by the FB debacle and BB hire. Keep in mind in parallel Wellman has been once again making major strides in non-revenue sports. He has provided top flight facilities, supported the W-S Open, and brought on a great young coach. Wake's tennis soon will be rivaling the soccer, golf, and F Hockey status in the next couple years.

Nice work Ron!!

For all of the decisions to come out of the athletic department recently, the one to hire Tony Bresky might be the best of all of them.

From what I've heard from some people who know tennis, he was pretty much the hottest name in coaching this year, we got him to come here and look who he's bringing in after only a few months on the job. I'm expecting our men's tennis team to be a national powerhouse in the future, although looking at their roster for this year, they only have seven guys so it could be rough going right now. Perhaps why Jeff Zinn left

#WellmanIn? I'm confused. What/who should I believe???

#WellmanIn? I'm confused. What/who should I believe???

Unfortunately, many posters don't believe sports outside of basketball and football are important or merit any investment. It's a shame.

I'm still sad that we made some tennis courts on our student tailgating lot. The new student tailgating scene is an abomination, unfortunately.

I'm still sad that we made some tennis courts on our student tailgating lot. The new student tailgating scene is an abomination, unfortunately.

So amateur hour.

I wish they had done better long term planning when the indoor facility was built.

Unfortunately, many posters don't believe sports outside of basketball and football are important or merit any investment. It's a shame.

Oh, I definitely love the rest of the sports...but we won't be able to afford them if basketball continues tanking. Tennis and soccer could win dozens of championships without making any significant contributions to the AD revenue numbers or DC giving.

So amateur hour.

I wish they had done better long term planning when the indoor facility was built.

I agree but from what I've heard from current students, they love the new tailgating situation. I've also heard absolutely no complaints about ALE with the new set-up.

Back