• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doing Less with More

mebanedeac

Reaction score
In UNC's football recruiting classes of '09-'11: 19/ 4 star players and 3/ 5 star players (Scout)

In Clemson's football recruiting classes over the same period: 16/ 4 stars and 3/ 5 stars.

That represents substantial talent for both schools. Yet, both schools quit in their bowl games and were embarrassed.

That is the epitome of coaching failure.

(As you all know, over the same period WF had 0 4 or 5 star recruits. While we lost, we were respectable and we were playing a team with 13/ 4 star recruits over the period from '09-'11. I would say that our coaches did much more with less.)

I think we'll be loaded at CB next season when/if we get Kevin Johnson and Dom Tate back.

I know that we have high academic standards, but so does Duke. We have a better stadium, better recent history, and far better coach. Why do they consistently do better in recruiting than we do?

I don't understand why, with the coach we have, and the bowl appearances we've recently had, why we don't get better ranked recruits.

I don't think we did more than UNC and Clemson this season. And when you consider their coaches, that's sad.

I don't think we did more than UNC and Clemson this season. And when you consider their coaches, that's sad.
Clemson has the national COY, an OC who just received a 6 year multimillion $ contract and a DC who makes $800, 000 per year. By any objective standard more should be expected from that staff than ours, especially considering the talent difference.

Clemson has Dabo Swinney.

Back