• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did Buzz have a radio show?

Sgt Hulka

Board Big Toe
Reaction score
quick perusal of p1 of the boards shows no thread. just curious if they did one this week. If so, did anyone listen/ask questions/anything?

If Bzz has a radio show and no one tunes in to it, did it really happen?

This is what I wrote last night on another thread:

Tuned into the radio show tonight for about 3 minutes (thanks to TITSWF for tweeting something about it.)

He was asked a question about offensive rebounding. He went on about how he valued offensive rebounding and emphasized it in practice for a few seconds, then he went on a tangent about how if guys wanted to score more they would crash the offensive glass for a few more seconds. Then for the remaining 2 minutes or so that I listened, he just started dropping statistics from throughout the season on rebounding numbers and shots taken for both Wake Forest and our opponents.

Then it hit me. Jeff [Redacted] is that stat nerd that thinks he knows a shit ton about basketball, and probably does in theory, but has no idea how to fucking teach the damn thing.

He should become a color analyst. I think he'd be really damn good at that job.

"Jeff [Redacted] is that stat nerd that thinks he knows a shit ton about basketball, and probably does in theory, but has no idea how to teach the damn thing."

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Good to know that his radio show is as exciting/interesting as the rest of the current hoops program. Thanks for the info, DV.

If he's a stat nerd that values offensive rebounding... he better have one hell of a shrink.

yZG5e.jpg

(stats via KenPom)

Last edited:
They have to use incentives to get people to call in and ask questions. The first person to ask a question last night got a $25 gift card to Deacon Tower Grill. Didn't even have to answer a trivia question.

They have to use incentives to get people to call in and ask questions. The first person to ask a question last night got a $25 gift card to Deacon Tower Grill. Didn't even have to answer a trivia question.

We're paying a guy $1,000,000+ to be in the spotlight & we find ourselves having to bribe people with $25 just to be interested enough to talk to him.

:panda:

They did that during football also. It is new this year.

They did that during football also. It is new this year.

I'm asking because I really don't know... Isn't a coaches salary typically (heavily) padded by mktg/promotional deals with companies like ISP Sports?

I would love to know a real # in terms of listeners for the past couple of shows; I've got to believe at this point that the advertising space for Bz's show has about as much promotional value for companies as the underside of Ralph Friedgen's boob flap.

Are coaches radio shows a thing of the past at other schools these days?

Probably less at Wake than at other schools.

UNC and State have radio shows. State is on Monday and UNC on Tuesday. I am sure Duke does too.

I usually listen to our show but BZZZ is just too boring and monotone to keep me listening.

If Bzzz has a radio show and nobody listens, does it make a sound?

Jeff [Redacted] is that stat nerd that thinks he knows a shit ton about basketball, and probably does in theory, but has no idea how to teach the damn thing.

i agree with this completely.

"Then it hit me. Jeff [Redacted] is that stat nerd that thinks he knows a shit ton about basketball, and probably does in theory, but has no idea how to fucking teach the damn thing."

Change "basketball" to "football" and the issue is probably similar to Lobo's problems with playcalling. Both of 'em are probably too smart for their own good.

Note: This post isn't knocking Lobo to support Buzz. As much as I dislike saying this, I agree with dv7's point about Buzz. He really does know too many stats. I've heard him do the same thing on previous shows. I think Buzz would be a great assistant, a great film room guy, a really good summer camp instructor. But his demeanor and reliance on esoteric stuff is annoying. Probably annoys the players as well and makes him less effective as a head coach.

Last edited:
Back