• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BARKLEY trashes Weight Watchers

Seemed like he was trashing the Hawks more than Weight Watchers. He seemed pretty happy for Weight Watchers to pay him to lose 2 pounds a week.

He wasn't trashing weight watchers. He was saying his endorsement deal is a scam, i.e. They give him money for doing nothing.

Total thread hijack... but I saw this last night & it reminded me of tailgating (jello shots & all) a couple of years ago with Jared from Subway.

Dude legitimately bitched for 2-3 minutes about how people don't appreciate that its a real/tough gig. I really thought he was just being ironic until he got into the fact that the perks of the job weren't really that great since he was given club-level Colts season tickets through Subway but some idiot didn't think to block out those Sundays on his appearance schedule. I asked him how many games he was going to have to miss that season and he said "well, one".

:rulz:

Yeah, I grabbed the the thread from another forum so the title is not really accurate with the video.

Total thread hijack... but I saw this last night & it reminded me of tailgating (jello shots & all) a couple of years ago with Jared from Subway.

Dude legitimately bitched for 2-3 minutes about how people don't appreciate that its a real/tough gig. I really thought he was just being ironic until he got into the fact that the perks of the job weren't really that great since he was given club-level Colts season tickets through Subway but some idiot didn't think to block out those Sundays on his appearance schedule. I asked him how many games he was going to have to miss that season and he said "well, one".

:rulz:

Jared from Subway seems like the biggest bitch in advertising...

He wasn't trashing weight watchers. He was saying his endorsement deal is a scam, i.e. They give him money for doing nothing.

And that they're paying him to do something he would/should be doing anyway like how he's getting paid to talk about basketball by TNT, which he would be doing anyway, just not for money or on tv

By the way, anybody else notice that the dude (Rich Hollenberger, sp?) that used to hawk NFL goods on Home Shopping Network before Monday Night Football is now calling games for ESPN?! :werd:

I'm glad he not lost as much weight as Jennifer Hudson...

I'm such a charles fan, but his Miami Heat schtick is sooooooooo annoying/tired. How many times last night did he say that Bosh shouldn't be in the same sentence as Wade and James.... OK, WE FUCKING GET IT, He's not on the elite level of those guys! Good lord, he just kept repeating himself...

I'm such a charles fan, but his Miami Heat schtick is sooooooooo annoying/tired. How many times last night did he say that Bosh shouldn't be in the same sentence as Wade and James.... OK, WE FUCKING GET IT, He's not on the elite level of those guys! Good lord, he just kept repeating himself...

Maybe it was just me; but it seemed really odd hearing the TV-personalities just shooting the breeze like normal folk between timeouts... Makes me envious of that profession more so than before.

I guess I've never thought about it before last night; but I reckon Gus Johnson would be pretty darn entertaining to live with if announcers didn't have a different off-camera demeanor. Could create some really awkward moments intimate moments for his wife, at least.

Here comes the pain.

And inversely, if Marv Albert's real-life personality was displayed on television, his screen career would have likely gone in another direction altogether. The casting director for smut flicks 'Twilight: Nubile Moon' and its steamy follow-up 'Twilight: Biting Dawn' would have had the world's easiest job.

Back