• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Justin Jackson's First Cousin wants to come to Wake.

He looks like a good player on offense and defense, but I don't think the staff is going to offer another TE, since we'll already have 5 underclassmen TEs on scholarship next season. I couldn't tell from the video, does he have the speed to be a receiver? Has he received any other D1 offers?

Last edited:
Do you guys think Wake will give him a late offer. He is from Connecticut, but he wants to play with his cousin (my son Justin). Here are his highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ICMUPGieyk

Thanks for posting. I enjoyed watching his plays. Very impressive. I know nothing about recruiting (the only one on this board who doesn't,:D ) so I have no idea whether Wake might have a spot for him.

He looks like a good player on offense and defense, but I don't think the staff is going to offer another TE, since we'll already have 5 underclassmen TEs on scholarship next season. I couldn't tell from the video, does he have the speed to be a receiver? Has he received any other D1 offers?

He wants to play defense. He just put offense on the film to show his athleticism.

Any place to find his measurables? Height, weight, 40 time etc? Doesn't look exceedingly fast, but seems to be a pretty good tackler. Linebacker/strong safety on D?

Any place to find his measurables? Height, weight, 40 time etc? Doesn't look exceedingly fast, but seems to be a pretty good tackler. Linebacker/strong safety on D?

He is 6'3" 215lbs. He is not as fast or as strong as Justin. But he is a great pass rusher and he has a nose for the ball. He runs a 4.7 in the forty, but he didn't have any speed training.

He is 6'3" 215lbs. He is not as fast or as strong as Justin. But he is a great pass rusher and he has a nose for the ball. He runs a 4.7 in the forty, but he didn't have any speed training.

I really hope it can work out somehow.

He has no offers because no one knew about him. He is a hidden treasure. Trust me.

Asia had a great season defensively as well as offensively. Asia is 6' 3" and he weighs 215lbs. He played tight-end, running-back, fullback, OLB and D-end in high school. He started on varsity for 3 years. He runs a 4.7 in the forty. So, he's not as fast as Justin, but he is very athletic. He wants to play defensive-end or Outside Linebacker. He did know what he wanted to do with his football career because he was a basketball player too. He fully committed himself to playing football his senior year,but that's a little late because most guys hit the camps during their junior season. That's why he fell between the cracks. He is academically eligible. He has a 2.7 core GPA and he scored a 930 SAT combined math and reading. He has already registered for NCAA Eligibility.

He has no offers because no one knew about him. He is a hidden treasure. Trust me.

Asia had a great season defensively as well as offensively. Asia is 6' 3" and he weighs 215lbs. He played tight-end, running-back, fullback, OLB and D-end in high school. He started on varsity for 3 years. He runs a 4.7 in the forty. So, he's not as fast as Justin, but he is very athletic. He wants to play defensive-end or Outside Linebacker. He did know what he wanted to do with his football career because he was a basketball player too. He fully committed himself to playing football his senior year,but that's a little late because most guys hit the camps during their junior season. That's why he fell between the cracks. He is academically eligible. He has a 2.7 core GPA and he scored a 930 SAT combined math and reading. He has already registered for NCAA Eligibility.

I'm confused. Does jacktatum realize how little pull we have in the AD? Why not just get in touch with an assistant coach?

I'm confused. Does jacktatum realize how little pull we have in the AD? Why not just get in touch with an assistant coach?

I am doing that too. I'm just trying to get your support. I don't want to be the Uncle that thinks his Nephew is good. So I appreciate the opinion of the board.

Thanks for posting this and putting your nephew out there. Justin is great, and we are excited to watch him develop over the next few years!

If he's a late developer and not quite ready for FBS, I'd recommend his coach get in touch with the staff at APP State. They do a great job of "coaching 'em up", and they put about as many guys in the NFL as Wake does. Great gameday atmosphere in front of 25-30K fans.
Having said that, pulling for him to achieve his dream of being a Deac alongside cousin Justin.

If he's a late developer and not quite ready for FBS, I'd recommend his coach get in touch with the staff at APP State. They do a great job of "coaching 'em up", and they put about as many guys in the NFL as Wake does. Great gameday atmosphere in front of 25-30K fans.
Having said that, pulling for him to achieve his dream of being a Deac alongside cousin Justin.

Or take a post grad year at Hargrave, etc.

Elon is a also a great local school that would probably give him a long look. If it's most important that he stay near Justin, he could look at WSSU, they are pretty good in their conference.

Back