• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake needs a new commerical

What they should do, but won't, is set up a contest. Make some clips available. Give decent monetary prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd, etc. There are so many excellent amateur and semi-professional filmmakers out there, we would end up with a bunch of awesome commercials.

agreed. it's played out.

the voices of the students sound so scripted/forced/unnatural.

What they should do, but won't, is set up a contest. Make some clips available. Give decent monetary prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd, etc. There are so many excellent amateur and semi-professional filmmakers out there, we would end up with a bunch of awesome commercials.

That's a good idea.

My favorite Wake commerical was the one with Chi Rho singing the alma mater.

It is no different from a hundred other college commercials. Got to stand out!

Stupid ass fanatee is in the ad too. That's -100 pts.

The concept of the college commercial is played out. Universities need to press to have a better opportunity to really show off their university than these cheap little cliched spots. I'd like to see each university produce a set of 60 second spots that show off different aspects of the university from campus life, student research, faculty research, classroom interaction, campus dining, etc. Play a different 60 sec spot during different games.

I think sports are a great showcase for universities, but anything beside the team gets no more than a quick spot and maybe some campus shots if they're hosting a home game. No reason more schools shouldn't get the type of coverage Notre Dame gets for in their NBC games.

Agreed... New commercial time. Can't use "Fear the Deacon" or "Our Well is Dry" or "The Cows Love US" or 'University of New Jersey Durham" all are pretty much taken...

ideas ?

I don't think any casual person is going to realize that all the people have graduated; it is however clearly time for a new one. The current one features everyone's favorite Today Show trombonist, FWIW.

I don't think any casual person is going to realize that all the people have graduated; it is however clearly time for a new one. The current one features everyone's favorite Today Show trombonist, FWIW.

Haha, that's pretty funny.

The commercial looks like it's from the late '90s at best, even though it is actually quite a bit newer.

Haha, that's pretty funny.

The commercial looks like it's from the late '90s at best, even though it is actually quite a bit newer.
True. Every time I see it I am reminded of how close I was to being in a TV commercial. I am just off camera of the shot with the band playing.

Not quit as good a story as actually being in the commercial.

I think it is a great commercial. The best Wake has ever had. It should run for the next 10 years.

P.S. My son is the first student who speaks and the one shown walking onto the quad at the end. :)

i'll agree its time for something new, but this one sure beats small big tall

Back