• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

@ Maryland, State at home

That would be great. Maryland got some key guys back, and we all know how hard it is to win on the road. State is worse than VT so we have a good chance there.

Maryland would be a huge win, but I just don't know that we can pull it off.

@UMD is one of the games that I came into this ACC season expecting us to win. Taking that one, and coming back home with a 2-0 record, could lead to some nice attention for next weekend's game vs. State.

Not to be overly optimistic................but if we can beat VT, why can't we beat MD and NSCU? Really?

Massive difference b/w playing at home and on the road. Someone will mention Bz's conference road record soon enough.

It's Maryland's ACC home opener under a new coach. Should be a fairly tough place to play.

Boston College does not appear to have a very good men's basketball team....at least not playing in Chapel Hill.

We're going to sweep BC.

That would be great. Maryland got some key guys back, and we all know how hard it is to win on the road. State is worse than VT so we have a good chance there.

Think you are wrong about NCSU being worse than VT. NCSU killed WF on the inside last season, and CJ Leslie is a guy that no one one WF can really matchup up with. Wake will have to have CJ and Travis play great to win against NCSU.

Think you are wrong about NCSU being wrong about VT, VT looks like trash. NCSU killed WF on the inside last season, and CJ Leslie is a guy that no one one WF can really matchup up with. Wake will have to have CJ and Travis play great to win against NCSU.

Maybe. It is probably pretty close actually b/w VT and State.

I had posted this analysis of the schedule in the Yale game thread (post 269) related to what is would take for us to make the NIT (pre-Wofford of course):

link

I don't know the RPI and SOS for the teams but Cal was in last year at 17-14, N'western was in at 18-13 and Miami at 19-14.

With 16 wins our RPI would need to be well inside 100.

As mentioned earlier our SOS before tonight was 147, Yale's RPI was 118 so shouldn't hurt the SOS. Wofford is around 200.

UVA's SOS is 150.

MD and GT are in the low 100's
BC and Clemson are in the 200's

I think we have a long way to go to win 7 ACC games but if you look at our schedule, not impossible.

Have to take 2 from BC and Clemson (road games always seem easier on paper).

So that would be four.

I'll just write off dook, UNC and FSU, stranger things have happened but no way you could pencil one of those in. So that's 4 L's

That means we'd need at least 3 wins from

VT (it would be just like Seth to lose this one)
@MD (on the road is tough, but not impossible)
NCSU
@NCSU
@UVA (Until UVA plays somebody hard to tell but we struggle up there)
GT (need to win this one)
@Miami
@GT (I'd hate for this to be the game we need as we hate playing in Atlanta)

Take one from GT, now we need two games.

First two game of the season VT and @MD are the ones we need to steal, IMO.

Maybe. It is probably pretty close actually b/w VT and State.

Yea i'm obviously a little NCSU biased if you know my posting history any haha. NCSU will give WF more problems down low than VT, but VT's wing guys are better than NCSU's overall. Just different teams and i'd imagine WF just doesn't match up as well with NCSU as it does VT.

Speaking of MD has the big foreign kid that they have played yet? Saw some MD guys talking about how he is pretty good and just don't believe it til I see it.

Think you are wrong about NCSU being worse than VT. NCSU killed WF on the inside last season, and CJ Leslie is a guy that no one one WF can really matchup up with. Wake will have to have CJ and Travis play great to win against NCSU.

VT killed us inside last year also. State at home is like VT at home. It is a game where we have a chance to pick up a win other than the projected bottom feeders.

Maryland has been playing much better of late, but is weaker inside than is NCSU and perhaps even VT. A split would be huge.

@UMD is one of the games that I came into this ACC season expecting us to win. Taking that one, and coming back home with a 2-0 record, could lead to some nice attention for next weekend's game vs. State.

You expected this team to win an ACC road game? A win at Maryland would be HUGE.

Maryland hasn't really looked that great with Len. Better than they did without him, but an 8 point win over Cornell isn't exactly the wow factor.

Not to be overly optimistic................but if we can beat VT, why can't we beat MD and NSCU? Really?

NCSU is far better than Maryland, in my opinion.

We have no answer for Leslie or Howell and will struggle to keep their guards off of the three point line and out of the lane. State is probably better than VT this year. Both bigger and more athletic. It'll be tough, for sure.

We're going to sweep BC.

Hope so. But every ACC team thinks this. And they probably won't go winless in conference.

There is no such thing as a guarantee for WF basketball, other than losses to Duke and UNC.

Back