• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Luck/Manning/Newton

DeacsOrDie

Reaction score
Random thread, yes. Especially in the middle of this great sport weekend.

wish this could be a poll.

We obviously know Luck is a great QB PROSPECT. Yet will he be better than Peyton Manning? Will he even be better than Newton?

I am a big newton fan so its hard to believe that luck's ceiling is bigger than newtons beit athletic ability and simply how Newton is a stud..

Yall's thoughts?

Couldn't go wrong with any of them.

I am sure that will be the case.. yet Luck has not taken a step in an NFL game, yet there is speculation he is the best thing that has happened in America since tim tebow...just a tough argument

When you say better than Manning,do you mean for a career? If so, neither of the other two guys will come close.

Hard to say that Newton cannot meet or exceed Manning....He has already beaten plenty of Mannings rookie records, and who is to say Newton will not win a super bowl?

Talk to me when he has 4 MVPs and 11 Pro Bowls...or even half that.

Not sure that is too far fetched for Newton. Being that this is a futuristic thread, and you are setting the bar right now, I will try to remember you in 15 years

There's like a 1% chance Luck will be better than Peyton Manning, if that.

I'd take Luck over Newton easily but I'll admit a lot of that is just pure racism.

Fair enough...although the Luck over Newton talk is somewhat, racist ha. but experts comparing someone who has proven he is a legit rookie vs. someone who has not taken an nfl snap for the worst team ever is different.

o yeah, experts also said newton would suck it up in the pros

Hard to say that Newton cannot meet or exceed Manning....He has already beaten plenty of Mannings rookie records, and who is to say Newton will not win a super bowl?

Lets take a step back. Great Rookie season but lets take a wait and see approach. To say that he can meet or exceed arguably one of the best ever to play the position makes you sound a little crazy.

Let's be serious here about Manning. He's in the conversation for best football player of all time.

Newton vs. Luck is a worthwhile discussion.

Not sure that is too far fetched for Newton. Being that this is a futuristic thread, and you are setting the bar right now, I will try to remember you in 15 years

Do you know how many NFL players have 4 MVPs besides Peyton Manning...0.

I'd say it's pretty far-fetched to project that rookie will be a top 10 all-time QB.

If you truly think Newton will be that good, more power to you but objectively it seems like a ridiculous comparison.

Yes, yall are right, but some others posting here are absolutely writing newton off...again, like previously stated, this is a futuristic thread and would like to get yalls opinions on newton/luck/manning...obviously manning is one of the best ever, but ppl are saying luck has the ceiling to be better than manning, however, lucks ceiling is not even higher than newtons. Luck vs. newton is a better argument, but luck hasnt stepped foot.

So 2 mvps & 5 pro bowls?

I'll take that bet

I'm saying at that point we can have a conversation about whether Cam will be as good as Manning. NFL MVP's don't grow on trees.

Players with only one MVP:
Barry Sanders
Dan Marino
Emmitt Smith
John Elway
Walter Payton

It would have been crazy to project rookie Peyton Manning to be as good as current Peyton Manning, so the Newton and Luck projections are crazy as well, though Luck moreso because he hasn't taken an NFL snap. Lots of young QBs have had great years, only to fade into oblivion (see Vince Young) If Newton can maintain his current pace and improve, he will be one of the best QBs of all time, just as Payton Manning is now.

alot of those mvps were SUBJECTIVELY choosen....look at newtons stats this year and explain why he didnt go to the pro bowl? yes, there were some better veterens in front of him, but who accumulated more touchdowns as a QB and who didnt get to the pro bowl

Back