• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The BCS Title Game Discussion Thread

BillBrasky

#PSF
Reaction score
Yeah I created another thread, get over it. So in an effort not to hijack Petter's thread lets use this one for all other pre-game discussion. I'll start:

LSU sucks, their fans smell like corndogs.

Roll Mother Fucking Tide

Yeah I created another thread, get over it. So in an effort not to hijack Petter's thread lets use this one for all other pre-game discussion. I'll start:

LSU sucks, their fans smell like corndogs.

Roll Mother Fucking Tide

In a few years you and I will be down on Bourbon Street (or South Beach, wherever) having this discussion about the Niners.

I want to see Trent Richardson run somebody over. Then I want to see Eddie Lacy run somebody else over. Then I want to see Jordan Jefferson get baptized by Dont'a Hightower on a quarterback draw. Then I want to see Mark Barron or Dequan Menzie take a Jarrett Lee pass for a pick six. Then I want to see Marquis Maze burn the honey badger for a long TD. That last one probably won't happen. Hopefully some of the rest will so my name isn't Spaulding Smails. RMFT! Go get number 14. Goddamn I'm fucking amped.

If Trent Richardson runs over Tyrann Mathieu (i.e. Brandon Jacobs trucking Roy Williams) then I will buy everybody around me at Ole Staley's a shot. That is a promise.

While I normally only hope for this twice a year when Dook and UNC play each other, I'm gonna ask the big guy upstairs for a special favor and hope the roof collapses tonight as well.

I can't stand either one of these teams and can't wait for the SEC slobfest to end (for a few months).

While I normally only hope for this twice a year when Dook and UNC play each other, I'm gonna ask the big guy upstairs for a special favor and hope the roof collapses tonight as well.

I can't stand either one of these teams and can't wait for the SEC slobfest to end (for a few months).

Still don't know who I'm rooting for. My best friend went to Bama so probably him.

I still don't understand why people are hating on this game. Going to be an all-out hard-hitting brawl. Let's do this.

I am about as disinterested in this game as could be imagined.

Because the first time they played it was a snoozefest.

I know I'm biased, but I just don't understand that argument. Its not like both teams kept going 3-and-out. There was plenty of action, even if it wasn't reflected in the final score line.

The LSU defense is like The Borg.

They just adapt and destroy. Resistance is futile.

I know I'm biased, but I just don't understand that argument. Its not like both teams kept going 3-and-out. There was plenty of action, even if it wasn't reflected in the final score line.

You are very biased.

There were 4 interceptions. Nobody was able to capitalize.

LSU went 3 for 11 on 3rd down. When you can't keep a drive going and have to punt, that's boring.

Bama missed 4 FGs. That's poor football. Watching a team drive and be unable to put any points on the board is boring.

You are very biased.

There were 4 interceptions. Nobody was able to capitalize.

LSU went 3 for 11 on 3rd down. When you can't keep a drive going and have to punt, that's boring.

Bama missed 4 FGs. That's poor football. Watching a team drive and be unable to put any points on the board is boring.

Fair enough. Of course I'd argue that games in which the teams combine to score more than 80 points is an example of poor football. I don't enjoy watching video games.

Fair enough. Of course I'd argue that games in which the teams combine to score more than 80 points is an example of poor football. I don't enjoy watching video games.

You: Vanilla ice cream is good.
Me: No, vanilla ice cream sucks.
You: Yeah, well chocolate ice cream sucks.

You: Vanilla ice cream is good.
Me: No, vanilla ice cream sucks.
You: Yeah, well chocolate ice cream sucks.

Nope I just accepted the fact that you're a fanboy of high scoring games with little-to-no-defense, and I'm not. Our opinons are not going to change, so I took a quick parting shot and stopped there.

This will be the least watched NCG for the past seven years or so I would imagine. Yay crappy QBs!

Not if you like Defense. I love defensive games, and these guys hate each other. Lots of pride in addition to the obvious championship game. In with the crowd that doesn't get the hatred of this game. It's the 2 best teams. They just don't give up points. Someone will have to break, who will it be?

Oh Alabama
The devil fools
With the best laid plan.
Swing low Alabama
You got spare change
You got to feel strange
And now the moment
Is all that it meant.

Nope I just accepted the fact that you're a fanboy of high scoring games with little-to-no-defense, and I'm not. Our opinons are not going to change, so I took a quick parting shot and stopped there.

Where did this assumption come from? I am a fan of good football. QBs that make great passes to WRs that make great catches. Great offensive plays where you just say, "damn, the defense had no chance there."

But I also love when DBs make great defensive plays, batting down balls and making sick interceptions. I love seeing a great defensive lineman make a great spin move to get to the QB. And I love a well-timed blitz that catches the QB so off guard there is nothing he can do.

I do not enjoy QBs missing receivers that are wide open. I do not enjoy when the offensive line can't create any holes for their RB, but the OC continues to call running plays (25+ rush plays for Bama avg 3.1 yds per rush). And I don't enjoy a game with no TDs when one team's kickers go 2 for 6.

Flat out, it was an ugly game. However, I'm still looking forward to the game tonight but it's because I think that game was an anomaly. As I stated in the prediction thread, I expect Bama to win and the total score to be 38 points or more.

Back