• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF BBall Plus/Minus Ratings (Jan 8th)

IAppreciateIt

no bunting allowed
Reaction score
Points Scored/40: Average points scored per 40 minutes when player is on the court

Points Allowed/40: Average points allowed per 40 minutes when player is on court

Raw +/-: Total point differential when player is on court.

Adjusted +/-: Point differential by minute when the player is on the court minus point differential by minute when player is off court. Formulated on a game-by-game basis, then averaged and extrapolated to forty minutes. Attempts to account for strength of opponent and minutes played. The best measure (imo)

Take them as you will.

1-8-2012.png

Higher in terms of number or being 3rd? Sadly, I'm not surprised he's 3rd. I am surprised he's so close to McKie.

Definitely 3 tiers of players on the roster and it supports Fields' playing time and the current rotation.

Nikita sets good picks and bumps cutters.

Here are the numbers from a month ago for comparison's sake:

12-11-2011.png

Good point, IAI. Nikita does the little things that help, but we tend to remember him more for little things and big things that hurt.

Can you explain why Fields' numbers have gone down so much? Is it because of lack of PT making the sample size so much smaller? I'm guessing it's because he's only played 31 min in the last month, 21 in our losses.

Good point, IAI. Nikita does the little things that help, but we did to remember him more for little things and big things that hurt.

Can you explain why Fields' numbers have gone down so much? Is it because of lack of PT making the sample size so much smaller? He's only played 31 min in the last month.

Fields has regressed from the sliver of talent he hinted at, early in the season. I've never seen a player more afraid to shoot or drive. His defense was earning him minutes, and now he is getting too deep into his man, and getting "blown by", which collapses the defense, and opens up shooters. I had relatively high hopes for Fields since I've followed him for a while, but at present he doesn't deserve to play, even with our short bench.

Last edited:
He's done extremely bad in short minutes -- which translates to hugely negative overall numbers because I always extrapolate to per 40 minute numbers.

Against Wofford he was -7 in 8 minutes. -2 in under a minute against UNCW, -1 in 5 minutes against GW.

the Chase/tony make no sense. If Chase has a higher raw negative and has played fewer minutes any extrapolation that has him inverting that is crap.

If one plays more against the better teams, his +/- is likely to be impacted negatively. Thus the weighting should also favor that person.

the Chase/tony make no sense. If Chase has a higher raw negative and has played fewer minutes any extrapolation that has him inverting that is crap.

If one plays more against the better teams, his +/- is likely to be impacted negatively. Thus the weighting should also favor that person.

The difference comes from off-the-court +/- (which isn't factored into Raw +/-). In short, we've done worse when Chase is on the bench than when Tony is on the bench.

Back