• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Carson the Shot Blocker

myDeaconmyhand

First man to get a team of horses up Bear Mountain
Reaction score
Looking at the records as they stand now, if Carson stays on pace, and stays for 4 years he will be the 2nd greatest shot blocker in Wake Forest history. Last season Carson blocked 52 shots, good for the 11th best season in Wake history. He is on pace this season for 75+ blocks, and could possibly have the 5th-7th best season in Wake history, only behind Timmy D (alot), Larry Harrison (80), and Ty Walker (79!) Projecting Carson's current pace into the next two years, he would have nearly 300 blocks, a hundred more than Anthony Teachey had at current 2nd place.

One of the pleasant surprises from him and one of my causes for hope. I don't think he'll ever be a strong back to the basket scorer, but if he can be a solid shot blocker on D and passer/picker on offense, I'll be pretty pleased.

It's especially surprising in light of how unathletic Carson is compared to his peers on that list.

Really amazing when you consider how poor of a rebounder he is.

Hard to think he will continue this season's pace. He will be playing against better competition and will see diminshed minutes because of Walker's return. Despite the 4 blocks Saturday, he only played 16 minutes.

So Teachey at #2 had about 200 blocks? Could see Carson catching that, which is pretty impressive/surprising.

Hard to think he will continue this season's pace. He will be playing against better competition and will see diminshed minutes because of Walker's return. Despite the 4 blocks Saturday, he only played 16 minutes.

So Teachey at #2 had about 200 blocks? Could see Carson catching that, which is pretty impressive/surprising.

I've got Carson on my fantasy team, and I think his blocks have gone up since Ty returned. My hypothesis is that he has fresher legs, and he is less scared of picking up fouls with Ty back.

Just as an aside, I think Daniel Green looks like a slightly shorter version of Teachey, similar body types and mannerisms.

Wait til he grows up..............or at least gets bigger/stronger.
Still a lot of upside left

Hes gotten absolutely hosed on some BS foul calls that were clean blocks. I didn't expect him to be the prolific shot swatter he has been but it certainly is a pleasant surprise.

He's gotten absolutely hosed on some BS foul calls that were clean blocks. I didn't expect him to be the prolific shot swatter he has been but it certainly is a pleasant surprise.

QABFT - Quoted, and bolded, for truth.

Carson needs to learn to block shots with each hand depending on the side of the basket. He often gets ball with one hand and comes down on the body with the other - very frustrating to watch b/c he does that quite often. If he blocks the same shot with the other hand instead, he dramatically lessens the possibility of a body foul due to his position

Carson needs to learn to block shots with each hand depending on the side of the basket. He often gets ball with one hand and comes down on the body with the other - very frustrating to watch b/c he does that quite often. If he blocks the same shot with the other hand instead, he dramatically lessens the possibility of a body foul due to his position

noticed this as well...

I agree with you. The good news is that can be taught. What impresses me is that Carsons seems to be catching on to things he downright sucked at as recently as three weeks ago. Improvement is nice. Obviously Carson is a long way away, even on defense, but I like that he seems to learn...

That being said, at least Carson seems to understand how shotblocking affects defensive positioning. The same cannot be said for Ty.

Just as an aside, I think Daniel Green looks like a slightly shorter version of Teachey, similar body types and mannerisms.

If you are excluding his game, then maybe. Otherwise, he is nowhere near the player AT was.

If you are excluding his game, then maybe. Otherwise, he is nowhere near the player AT was.

Oh, absolutely Green is light years behind AT. Teachey was phenomenal on defense and rebounding and became better on offense by his senior year (although he had the flattest arc on his free throws that I've ever seen). Just the way Green runs and moves reminds me of Teachey.

Back