• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rusty LaRue [Cool/Heroic]

His job was to play one on one with Jordan during practices... After that, no college player is going to do much against him in practice

So heroic now equals faking out a Georgetown reject?

Call me Captain America.

I love(d) Rusty but I am still shocked that he had a decent career in the NBA and Chilldress could hardly sniff a cup of coffee.

I love(d) Rusty but I am still shocked that he had a decent career in the NBA and Chilldress could hardly sniff a cup of coffee.

I got to ask him about his NBA experience once (he was good friends with my boss at the time). According to him, Jordan kept him on the Bulls in '98 because Rusty was the only one who would bust his tail trying to defend and score on Jordan during practices. Jordan respected and thrived on the practice competition that Rusty gave him.

He was even a better FB player. Would have loved to have seen him get a shot at QB in the NFL....athletic, mobile QB with accurate arm.

I got to ask him about his NBA experience once (he was good friends with my boss at the time). According to him, Jordan kept him on the Bulls in '98 because Rusty was the only one who would bust his tail trying to defend and score on Jordan during practices. Jordan respected and thrived on the practice competition that Rusty gave him.

If that explains it than I am even more baffled that Chilldress did not get the same experience. Larue was a hell of a competitor but Randolph was the hardest competitor that I have ever seen in any sport outside of Jordan and Woods.

If that explains it than I am even more baffled that Chilldress did not get the same experience. Larue was a hell of a competitor but Randolph was the hardest competitor that I have ever seen in any sport outside of Jordan and Woods.

Not sure that Childress wanted to come back to the NBA to be an 7th or 8th man on a bench - he made a damn good living in Europe and Turkey.

True but Chill also didn't get put on a team with a star who had enough clout to make and receive demands on who's on their team. Makes a big difference for a bench player

Not sure that Childress wanted to come back to the NBA to be an 7th or 8th man on a bench - he made a damn good living in Europe and Turkey.

this. i swear i read somewhere or heard an interview where he preferred going to Europe and making a good living rather than stay in the nba bouncing around trying to be a role player on difference teams. it can be tough when you are a tweener size wise and trying to get a shot from so many bad gms.

this. i swear i read somewhere or heard an interview where he preferred going to Europe and making a good living rather than stay in the nba bouncing around trying to be a role player on difference teams. it can be tough when you are a tweener size wise and trying to get a shot from so many bad gms.

The NBA is far more tweener-friendly than it once was.

Also, Chill struggled with injuries, too, right?

Back