• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I'm no facepainter...

marquee moon

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
But how does the number one team in the land have ZERO points and the game is almost over?

This sport sucks.

@soccerbyives

"Just because there isn't much scoring doesn't mean it's not entertaining & exciting to watch" #HeyFootballFansSoccerFansWantTheirExcuseBack

LSU hasn't even made it into fucking Alabama territory! So boring.

Real football is such a better game.

Every kicker dreams of being Alabama's kicker, a kinda southern Garo Yepremian if you will or a dixie Rolf Benerschke

Rugby is awesome. Footy is better. Cricket is terrible.

I don't understand cricket. There's a bowler(the pitcher maybe,) a batter of some sort, a wicket and it's keeper, but beyond that I have no idea how that game is played.

It has to be the worst if Wide World of Sports never showed it. I learned the thrill of victory from watching curling on that show, but never saw cricket to assist on the agony of defeat.

Tried reading a cricket game article once but after the first few sentences had words I couldn't understand, I gave up on it.

I don't understand cricket. There's a bowler(the pitcher maybe,) a batter of some sort, a wicket and it's keeper, but beyond that I have no idea how that game is played.

It has to be the worst if Wide World of Sports never showed it. I learned the thrill of victory from watching curling on that show, but never saw cricket to assist on the agony of defeat.

Tried reading a cricket game article once but after the first few sentences had words I couldn't understand, I gave up on it.

I won't claim to understand the sport at all, but batting is really fun. Also, like baseball, it is a great sport to sit in the grass and drink while you watch others play.

I won't claim to understand the sport at all, but batting is really fun. Also, like baseball, it is a great sport to sit in the grass and drink while you watch others play.

This. I went to the Ashes in Melbourne, which is England vs. Australia. The game itself is pretty boring for the most part, but it's more an excuse for drinking.

But how does the number one team in the land have ZERO points and the game is almost over?

This sport sucks.

Response from a Non-SEC fan: Because this game is boring.

Response from a SEC fan: BECAUSE THE SEC ROCKS!!!! YEAH!!! JUST NAME THE SEC CHAMP THE NATIONAL CHAMPION BECAUSE THATS WHO IT IS, BITCHES!!!! WOO-HOO!!!

Haters gonna hate.

Some people like pitching duels, some people don't.

Some people like defense, some people don't.

There was tons of scoring in the Orange Bowl but I'd much rather have watch the Nat Champ game than that game again.

this just wasn't a good game. LSU just didn't come to play and I have no idea what they were doing on offense but they apparently had no game plan.

Bama's D is good and they played an excellent game, but LSU just seemed to do the same thing over and over....run up the middle, slant pass, screen pass, half hearted option by JJ...I only remember seeing them attempt a pass longer than 15 yards once. (there were probably some, I didn't pay close attention after about the middle of the second quarter)...was flipping back and forth between the game and "Unguarded"

Last edited:
Jordan Jefferson's option attempts were embarrassing. I guess he didnt want to get hit because he didnt make a defender commit all night.

David+Putty.jpg

It was a horribly dull game.

With that said, it was still much better than any soccer match. That sport is mind numbing to watch.

Something I can't understand for the life of me, is why the powers that be think it's fine to have a 6 week layoff for the teams playing in the national title game. Heck, pretty much every Super Bowl there is at least some mention of how the teams must handle the 2 week layoff between the NFC and AFC title games. The layoff between the end of the college season and the BCS title game is at least 2 weeks longer than the preseason before the freaking season even starts???? I think Alabama is just better than LSU and should've won the first game, but now you'll have people saying the layoff was the reason LSU looked so bad. Point is, you play all season to get 2 teams to qualify for the title game and then you basically make them wait a month and half to play, it makes no sense. Of course the whole freaking system makes no sense, except when it comes to money. Maybe after the national semi-finals in hoops they should have a 6 week layoff before the title game. :rulz: It's a shame but money overrides true competition in sports and has for awhile.

Something I can't understand for the life of me, is why the powers that be think it's fine to have a 6 week layoff for the teams playing in the national title game. Heck, pretty much every Super Bowl there is at least some mention of how the teams must handle the 2 week layoff between the NFC and AFC title games. The layoff between the end of the college season and the BCS title game is at least 2 weeks longer than the preseason before the freaking season even starts???? I think Alabama is just better than LSU and should've won the first game, but now you'll have people saying the layoff was the reason LSU looked so bad. Point is, you play all season to get 2 teams to qualify for the title game and then you basically make them wait a month and half to play, it makes no sense. Of course the whole freaking system makes no sense, except when it comes to money. Maybe after the national semi-finals in hoops they should have a 6 week layoff before the title game. :rulz: It's a shame but money overrides true competition in sports and has for awhile.

there have been some real good super bowls in years where there was just 1 week off, IIRC

I certainly don't mind low scoring games, but it sure would have been nice if LSU just didn't seem so inept.

Back