• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Sports Ranking

Deac2010

Reaction score
so deac2010toy and i were having an argument about what the best college sports were. we both ranked football at #1 and basketball at #2. she ranked baseball at #3 and i ranked soccer at #3.

I think it goes - football, basketball, soccer, baseball.

what do you think

football ($$$$) > basketball >>> girls volleyball >>>> who gives a fuck

so deac2010toy and i were having an argument about what the best college sports were. we both ranked football at #1 and basketball at #2. she ranked baseball at #3 and i ranked soccer at #3.

what do you think

I agree with this, but I could see flipping soccer and baseball - they are neck and neck for the #3 spot.

what do you think

Your two rankings are directly reflective of your loyalties.

Baseball is bigger. Soccer has no equivalent to the UT, LSU, etc programs. College world series is a way bigger deal than soccer's final four.

Seeing as how I would rarely watch any of the other sports on tv, meaning usually only if a playoff or very important game, I tend to judge them based on how much fun I have attending the event.

For me, women's basketball games offer nothing. I would have more fun sitting at home watching Las Vegas reruns than going to that game. Well, that's not fair, Las Vegas was a great show. Point still made. Baseball games can also be fun, but the product is pretty crappy.

It's a close race for me between Men's Soccer and Men's Tennis. Tennis matches are a very unique experience, where an individual, usually quiet sport turns into a team ruckus. Players shouting from court-to-court, fans often getting in ridiculous arguments, and there was often a keg provided by Sig Nu. However, soccer games can also get quite crazy. Though there was no keg, bringing in alcohol was rarely a problem in the stands or on the hill. Students got chants going, the sliding down the hill when a goal is scored, the taunting of the other team's players (especially the goalie)...Those were some great times. Think I've got to give 3rd place to Men's Soccer though only by a bit.

College tennis matches are fantastic.

Football
Basketball
Baseball

College sports stops after that. Well, I do enjoy watching tennis on the odd occasion that it is on tv.

After football and men's basketball, arguing which college sport is the most popular is like arguing who is the tallest midget.

The most popular? Football then men's basketball and then...uhh nothing? The best college sport though? Men's Basketball AND NOTHING comes close to it. Football is a DISTANT second.

Best time in College Sports?

1. March Madness
2. Bowl Week(s)
3. College World Series/M Soccer Final 4

If you have ever been to a college cup then you know that it goes:

Bball
Football
Soccer

Hockey comes right after soccer because of the frozen four.

When I was in school, based on my attendance, it would have been 1) Football 2) Baseball, 3) Basketball, 4) Soccer

Back