• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Classic hoops picture

Timmy D is the first picture on page 2.

Thats an awesome picture of Mugsy. I got the College Basketball book from SI as a Christmas present. Some really good pictures in the book but this one is the only WF related one.

Carl Tacy was a real visionary to take a chance on Muggsy. A brilliant move on a number of levels.

He also earned a lot of money, adjusted for inflation it was well in excess of BKF's threshold of "too much".

Good lord, talk about life from Mugsy perspective....walkin/running around with dudes' balls in his face all the time, that's rough.

I realize you were just trying to make a joke, but I seriously...seriously...doubt that. I don't know the numbers, but I'd about bet that Carl never made more than $40-$50,000 per year as WF's head coach.

Carl was a hell of a game coach, and not too shabby a recruiter. I've always been a fan. How can you not be a fan of someone who outcoached Dean Smith like he did.

Fun with numbers: [1] a brank new Ford Mustang back then cost $3,200,
[2] tuition at Wake (undergrad) was approximately $7k per year, and [3] tuition was roughly one-tenth of that at Carolina. God knows what Dean's real salary actually was.

Great picture. So who are #s 31,44, 53, and 23? Are the first two Lee Garber and Teach? I'm having a hard time remebering exactly when Teach was here, '81-'84 maybe?

Looked it up and it was '81-'84. Don't tell me it's been 28 years since he played for Wake. How is that possible?

Is 53 Craig Wessel?

tumblr_lxjk7lTday1qm9rypo1_1280.jpg

Great picture. So who are #s 31,44, 53, and 23? Are the first two Lee Garber and Teach? I'm having a hard time remebering exactly when Teach was here, '81-'84 maybe?

Looked it up and it was '81-'84. Don't tell me it's been 28 years since he played for Wake. How is that possible?

Is 53 Craig Wessel?

Teachey wore #55. He was a freshman in '81, then helped lead the Deacs to the Elite 8 in '84 with an epic win over Depaul. He was the man.

Back