• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Final Conference Bowl Records

NashTNdeac06

Reaction score
What was the final conference records during this bowl season.

I know the ACC did horribly with only 2 wins I believe (NC State and Florida State) but who won the challenge or whatever ESPN does.

The office in Greensboro, per Tony Barnhart and Wes Durham, has acknowledged that ACC football is hot garbage and something needs to change. What that something is, I have no idea, but, hopefully, we figure it out soon. Our renegotiated tv contract will be much better if we can draw more eyeballs with a more compelling product.

By the way, ACC basketball is not far behind.

The conference’s BCS record already was indefensible at 2-11. Now it’s 2-13 and includes the most-lopsided score in the BCS’ 61 games over 14 seasons.

Repercussions are two-pronged.

For the remainder of the current BCS contracts, which run two more seasons, bowls figure to think twice about extending the ACC another at-large. Yes, at-large invitee Virginia Tech dominated Michigan, but the conference’s overall image will prove a difficult sell after the Clemson fiasco.

Longer term, the ACC’s continued BCS failures will fuel the argument to eliminate automatic bids from future BCS arrangements. Absent automatic qualifier status, ACC champions such as Florida State in 2005, Wake Forest in 2006, Virginia Tech in 2008 and Clemson this season would have been bypassed.
http://news.bostonherald.com/sports...e_losing_postseason/srvc=home&position=recent

^Ummm...how exactly did Virginia Tech dominate Michigan?

They outgained them 2-to-1. Just found creative ways to give the game away

^Ummm...how exactly did Virginia Tech dominate Michigan?

Not to be a dick, but did you watch the game? How exactly did they not? I thought they dominated in just about every way other than the score.

The ACC desperately needs to push for a playoff system. At some point, ESPN and the BCS are going to figure out they can make plenty of money with more SEC vs. Big Ten game with the big dogs like Texas, Oklahoma, and USC mixed in. Heck, a four-team playoff between the SEC, Big XII, Big Ten, and Pac-12 champs would be an easy sell. The ACC has to realize they are desperate to stay relevant.

This is the most frustrating thing about the current state of our basketball and football programs. There's never been an easier time to be the ACC Football Champs or a Top 4 ACC Basketball team and we're not taking advantage of it.

Yeah, the ACC has to ensure automatic qualification continues, be it to a BCS bowl or playoff system. Personally I'd love for auto qualification to stay but the auto tie-in with the Orange Bowl to go. I think the OB would be in favor of that as well

Whatever playoff system arrives, the ACC should be relegated to the play in game.

Not to be a dick, but did you watch the game? How exactly did they not? I thought they dominated in just about every way other than the score.

Semantics, I guess. I can't think of too many teams that "dominated" and lost. Outplayed? Sure, as in WVU dominated Clemson; Virginia Tech outplayed Michigan. Like I said, semantics.

Back