• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What are the Raiders doing?

The next Raiders coach will be the 9th in 15 years. The Steelers have had 3 coaches in 43 years.

Only thing I can think is that Al Davis hired Hue pretty much on his own and current management wants to go in a different direction. I know they had a rough finish, but they were still in contention which is better than most thought they'd do.

Didn't make sense to me until I saw that Hue made the call to go with Carson Palmer. They gave up a lot to get him(a 1st and a 2nd plus $$$$), and only went 4-6 in games that Palmer played. Darren McFadden's injury kept them out of the playoffs, but Hue went "all in" with the Palmer call, so I can see why the new GM would can him.

Haley and Jackson get fired and Norv keeps his job? What's in the water over in the AFC West?

Did have the most penalties in the history of the league. That's pretty damning

I guess, but the Raiders typically lead the league in penalties.

Raiders gonna Raider.

Didn't make sense to me until I saw that Hue made the call to go with Carson Palmer. They gave up a lot to get him(a 1st and a 2nd plus $$$$), and only went 4-6 in games that Palmer played. Darren McFadden's injury kept them out of the playoffs, but Hue went "all in" with the Palmer call, so I can see why the new GM would can him.

Darren McFadden is a pussy. Great player, when he isnt injured. But how often is that.

Did have the most penalties in the history of the league. That's pretty damning

that happens almost every year. has always seemed to be that way.

a new GM was hired and guess this was to head off butting heads with Hue.

hasn't been any stability in that organization for quite a while. they should have kept Cable.

that happens almost every year. has always seemed to be that way.

a new GM was hired and guess this was to head off butting heads with Hue.

hasn't been any stability in that organization for quite a while. they should have kept Cable.

Reggie McKenzie was hired from the Green Bay organization to be the new GB. With him at the helm and Al out of the way (God rest his soul), the Raiders finally move away from laughingstock of the league. Look for them to do some "raiding" of the GB organization.

I think this was half of the reason he was let go. The other half was Hue mouthing off a bit about having more control of the organization. He made a bad trade and then talked to the press about having more control. MacKenzie I assume wanted none of that.

I'm interested to see if he's interested in coming back to Balmur to be the OC. Flacco liked him a lot as QB coach, and Cam Cameron is dead man walking.

The combination of the simply moronic Palmer trade, setting a new NFL record for penalties, and his comments about throwing more weight around in the front office re: personnel decisions seems sufficient.

seriously. He's straight out of Dumb and Dumber.

Did anybody watch the 5minute clip on introducing Reggie McKenzie? Big Raider fan stood over my shoulder and we watched it and his shoulders slumped and I laughed my ass off.

First, he looks like he stepped out of 1975. He has a bit of a speech impediment, and he read slooowly from a prepared statement that was wholly and uniquely unimpressive. Particularly the third line which went something like this, "This steeped and storied franchise is about to embark on a new era. This era ... is in the forefront ... right now."

Back