• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Very sad report concerning Packers' OC's son

See they took out his criminal history from that story. All the reports yesterday when he was just listed as missing mentioned him spending 6 months in jail for sexual assault.

Still sucks to hear. Feel sorry for his family.

The sexual assault seemed like the result of an archaic law. If I remember correctly he was convicted of having sex with a child over the age of 16 when he was 18, meaning he was 18 and he did the deed with a 16 or 17-year-old girl. I may be wrong, but it sounded like he got sentenced for boning his high school girlfriend.

I don't think that was it 2&2. He was convicted of assaulting 2 girls.

http://constitutionalfights.wordpress.com/category/news-blog-sites/page/57/

Michael Philbin, son of Green Bay Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin, pleaded no contest to two misdemeanor counts of sexual intercourse with a child and two misdemeanor counts of battery for the incident. He was sentenced today to six months in jail and 2 ½ years of probation for having sex with two drunken 16-year-old girls at an Aug. 21 house party. State Assistant Attorney General Dennis Krueger said he opted for misdemeanors over more serious felonies after reviewing the evidence gathered during a six-month investigation.

Brown County Circuit Court Judge Sue Bischel, in accepting a joint sentencing recommendation, said by all accounts Philbin was a good person who made a horrible decision. Reading from a pre-sentence report, Bischel said Philbin acknowledged that he took advantage of the girls knowing they had too much to drink.

Bischel also ruled Philbin did not have to register as a sex offender and could petition to have the misdemeanor convictions removed from his record if he completes probation

I went looking the history of the sexual assault yesterday to see if it could be related to his disappearance and now death.

Last edited:
See they took out his criminal history from that story. All the reports yesterday when he was just listed as missing mentioned him spending 6 months in jail for sexual assault.

Still sucks to hear. Feel sorry for his family.

Nice job reinserting it, so to speak.

Nice job reinserting it, so to speak.

Hopefully you saw my comment in post #4 about wondering if his then-disappearance had anything to do with his no contest plea. He had just come off probation 3 months ago. Just wondering at the time if rumors of foul play were involved (pissed off Dad, brother, boyfriend, etc.)

Probably the right way for the media to report it once foul play was ruled out yesterday.

Back