• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bama/LSU Coaches' Bonuses

Deacon923

Scooter Banks
Reaction score
Check this out:
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2012/01/oakland-raiders-need-new-coach-baseballs-flawed-hall-fame-criteria/47218/

If LSU had found a way to win last night's BCS title game, head coach Les Miles would have been in line to earn a $5.88 million bonus, paid over the course of six years. Alabama coach Nick Saban -- who's already the highest-paid coach in college football -- didn't have as much on the line. He's going to get a $400,000 bonus for last night's win. [Forbes]

First thought: Holy crap that's a lot of money.

Second comment: How would you feel if a $5.88 million swing in your net worth was riding on a bunch of 18-22 year old kids?

Check this out:
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2012/01/oakland-raiders-need-new-coach-baseballs-flawed-hall-fame-criteria/47218/

If LSU had found a way to win last night's BCS title game, head coach Les Miles would have been in line to earn a $5.88 million bonus, paid over the course of six years. Alabama coach Nick Saban -- who's already the highest-paid coach in college football -- didn't have as much on the line. He's going to get a $400,000 bonus for last night's win. [Forbes]

First thought: Holy crap that's a lot of money.

Second comment: How would you feel if a $5.88 million swing in your net worth was riding on a bunch of 18-22 year old kids?

When you already have more money than you know what to do with, I doubt it feels all that important.

If I ever have a swing-set that big to go along with a $18,000,000 buy-out clause on my $4,000,000/year contract; I'd be the happiest & most worry-free kid on the block.

That bonus might mean something to Les Miles' great-great-grand kids after a couple of generations of inheritances; but I don't think he or anyone in the next few branches of his family tree are going to be effected too much.

I wouldn't bet $5 on Jordan Jefferson, definitely not $5.88 million.

I'd probably have come up with a game plan that didn't center around a QB that can't throw and is afraid of contact so he won't make any defenders commit on option runs.

Back