• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DREAM TEAM /USA Preliminary roster

Link Sheridan next time, please... No more Bleacher Report...

It is a dream team dumbass....ask the rest of the world!
but the 1992 Dream Team was THE DREAM TEAM!
stop being such a goddamn pussy!

Durant + 11 = victory. We gonna shit on the world so hard.

I know Kobe wants that second gold, but I really hope he sits that one out and rests.

LaMarcus deserves to be on the team...but he won't make it. Damn shame

It's not even a dream team. It's just the US Olympic team.

Durant is gonna be so.good in the Olympics. He is tailor-made for international ball. Between him, LBJ, and Kobe, the traditional Euro big man has no shot. All those guys are 6-8+ and can play outside. Add in Melo who has been terrific in intl play and it's gold all day long.

Chauncey, Odom, Igoudala and Aldridge are almost definitely not making the team. I don't see why Westbrook will make it with Deron, CP3, Rose and Wade.

With all the length of the PFs, Chandler shouldn't make it. With the wide lane, they won't be able to post up Bosh or Love if they play center.

That's six cuts. The question becomes how badly does Kobe want to play and whether the Lakers will try to convince him to take the time off after the compact season.

BTW, this is NOT a "dream team".

Personally I think westbrook is better than Deron.

Personally I think westbrook is better than Deron.

I tend to agree, but not as much in the international game. When Westbrook can stretch the zone better with his shooting than I think he'll be there... Deron is traditionally the better shooter and playmaker.

Why don't y'all like Odom for the team? He's a beast in international basketball..

With Durant, Melo, Lebron-we don't need him at SF. With Love, Griffin and Bosh, we don't need him at PF.

I would definitely keep Chandler considering how well he played in 2010 international competition. My 12 in no particular order:

Chris Paul
Derrick Rose
Deron Williams
Kobe Bryant
Dwyane Wade
Kevin Durant
Lebron James
Carmello Anthony
Kevin Love
Dwight Howard
Tyson Chandler

Last spot for me comes down to:
1. Eric Gordon (if healthy)
2. Chris Bosh

Gordon was a beast in 2010, and is tailor made for international competition with his physical style of play. I think people forget that the international officials allow a lot of handchecking and pushing. We are going to need strong physical players..that is why I like having Chandler on this team as well over a guy like Bosh.

Starting lineup

1. Derrick Rose (sorry CP3)
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Kevin Durant
4. Lebron James
5. Dwight Howard

2nd team
1. Chris Paul
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Carmello Anthony
4. Kevin Love
5. Tyson Chandler

Last two off the bench:
1. Deron Williams
2. Eric Gordon

That is a pretty stout squad though...perhaps we will return to our glory days.

Starting lineup

1. Derrick Rose (sorry CP3)
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Kevin Durant
4. Lebron James
5. Dwight Howard

2nd team
1. Chris Paul
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Carmello Anthony
4. Kevin Love
5. Tyson Chandler

Last two off the bench:
1. Deron Williams
2. Eric Gordon

That is a pretty stout squad though...perhaps we will return to our glory days.

I'd actually prefer CP3 playing with the first team in this scenario. Whether or not you think Rose is a better PG it seems to me that Paul is the best distributor and most efficient player running an offense. That's what you need if you're filling out the lineup with Kobe/Lebron/Durant/Howard. Rose is more valuable in a group that could use a bit more scoring punch from the point position.

With Durant, Melo, Lebron-we don't need him at SF. With Love, Griffin and Bosh, we don't need him at PF.

Odom is the most consistent defender in any of those rotations minus LeBron and Bosh... He's one of the few two-way combo-forwards in consideration.

Lebron can play D.

The only teams that will be vaguely are Spain and Argentina. Now if Spain could recolonize, it might be a good game.

Back