• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Music City Bowl

york1313

Reaction score
Not sure if this was already posted, but I know there were some concerns about the actual attendance at the game. The MCB posted this on their homepage.

..Music City Bowl
Big thanks to all of the Bulldog and Demon Deacon fans as well as viewers just watching a great game on ESPN. The Bowl had its 5th highest rated and 3rd most viewed game in its history with more than 3 million households tuning in to the ESPN telecast.

Definitely a good time slot for TV at the start of a holiday weekend on Friday night. We had good weather and a ton of MSU fans to thank for attendance in Nashville.

I'd heard it was highly watched and rated. Friday night, primetime, only game on at that timeslot probably helped.

Whatever the reasons, it can only help for Wake to be associated with a decent bowl that drew pretty good ratings.

Whatever the reasons, it can only help for Wake to be associated with a decent bowl that drew pretty good ratings.

It was good for Wake and it was great for the Wake fans. What a place for a bowl game!

Nashville was fun as hell, food was great, music was great, booze was great.

I would certainly go back each and every year we got invited there.

Both very accurate. Especially if it remained on December 30th. Gives me the option of staying there for NYE, but also could go somewhere else if necessary.

I would certainly go back each and every year we got invited there.

Nashville was truly a great experience. I have been to the last four Wake bowl games and this was the most fun I've had. Most comparable to 2006 Jville, but Nashville is a far better town. The Landing on the night before the game in 06 was a great time though.

Miss. St. even brought some talent, which was nice. Not a bad fanbase when they weren't ringing those damn cowbells.

The pre game party Wake hosted was first class. Wished I had stayed downtown vs. Opryland. Getting this bowl made up for some of the bad officiating by the ACC this year.

Only bad part was the hotel. Everything else was sick. Was easily the most fun I've ever had at any kind of sporting event.

Most of the people I've talked to have said if we go back, they're staying downtown.

I stayed at the Loews Vanderbilt and it was pretty great as well. Cost about $100 per night less than Opryland. It was about a mile or so walk downtown, and I got to check out Vandy's campus.

Several major hotels are being built downtown to serve the new Nashville Convention Center, just a few blocks from Broadway. In the future, there should be several thousand more rooms downtown which should make this bowl game much more attractive.
Just think if most fans could stay within walking distance of Broadway and the stadium.

Wake-Miss St tied for the eight-highest rated non-BCS bowl game. Not bad for LOWF. Good showing by the ACC overall as well ... maybe this will help get ESPN to show more conference games moving forward.

From SBD:

BOWL MATCHUP DATE NET RAT. VIEWERS (000)
AT&T Cotton Arkansas-Kansas State 1/6 Fox 5.0 8,363
Outback Michigan State-Georgia 1/2 ABC 5.1 8,174
Valero Alamo Baylor-Washington 12/29 ESPN 4.4 6,923
Chick-fil-A Auburn-Virginia 12/31 ESPN 3.6 6,155
Champs Sports Florida State-Notre Dame 12/29 ESPN 3.3 5,228
Insight Oklahoma-Iowa 12/30 ESPN 3.0 4,812
Capital One South Carolina-Nebraska 1/2 ESPN 2.9 4,499
Bridgepoint Education Holiday Texas-Cal 12/28 ESPN 2.7 4,263
Music City Mississippi State-Wake Forest 12/30 ESPN 2.7 4,214
Hyundai Sun Utah-Georgia Tech 12/31 CBS 2.7 4,105

I think people watched the ACC bowl games because our opponents' fans wanted to see their team win a game.

Back