• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CJ Harris

tbpnwe

Reaction score
Is he still playing injured or just an off night?

No way he's 100%.

I think his play is combination mental and physical, though.

Yeah, he looks a few steps slow today. Doesn't explain everything, but he's a creator and so that's obviously a huge part of his game.

Did he go to hot yoga yet?

Unless he was re-injured yesterday or today, he is fine. He had a bad game. It happens.

I think this is fitting the narrative to the random variance. He was shooting like 55% from 3 and 53% overall...those numbers were bound to come down regardless of any injury.

If he was really a step slow, wouldn't we see that on the defensive end? I haven't.

Looked to like he was having trouble with his footing in 1st half. He slipped 3 or 4 times. Needed to change shoes at the half. Does Comcast have ice under the floor? A couple of Md players slipped on offense in the 2nd. Might have been some slick spots on that end.

If he was really a step slow, wouldn't we see that on the defensive end? I haven't.

I was thinking that, but lateral quickness and first step require different brands of athleticism.

That being said, if Baby is to be believed, then he just got psyched out early and couldn't get the spark back. So, there goes my hypothesis.

I thought he looked a lot better in the second half. Seemed like the realized he wasn't going to have the scoring game he normally does so focused his efforts on creating opportunities for others...while still scoring a few points on his own.

I think this is fitting the narrative to the random variance. He was shooting like 55% from 3 and 53% overall...those numbers were bound to come down regardless of any injury.

Agreed.

The only play that really seemed off to me was when he drove into the lane in the second half, stuffed the ball into Howard's stomach, and then threw his hands up and looked at the ref instead of running back on defense.

Agreed.

The only play that really seemed off to me was when he drove into the lane in the second half, stuffed the ball into Howard's stomach, and then threw his hands up and looked at the ref instead of running back on defense.

Yeah he was really frustrated at that point in general. Up to that point in the game he was getting constantly hand checked 30 feet to the basket with no calls, slipped on the floor 3 or 4 times, been taken down under the basket a couple minutes into the second half with no call, been called for two off the ball holding calls on screens he was trying to get through on the defensive end, and was being absolutely abused trying to get down the lane. I was furious and I wasn't even playing.

My speculation is that this is why when he turned the ball over he was just like fuck it.

I certainly don't have any inside info, but he does not look 100% to me.

The usual agressiveness we see from CJ taking the ball to the basket and on the break is just not there right now.

Didn't see this posted. He's apparently starting in Germany's highest league and just won the 3-point contest. Good to see him doing well.

Our colors, too:
ludwig.jpg

Would love for him to get a cup of coffee in the nba before his career ends.

If he is shooting that well, some NBA team may take a look at him and give him a camp invite next year. Usually room for a 3 pt shooter somewhere on the end of an NBA bench.

If he is shooting that well, some NBA team may take a look at him and give him a camp invite next year. Usually room for a 3 pt shooter somewhere on the end of an NBA bench.

He'll definitely get invites in a year or two. The Nuggets liked him last year. Likewise, there are a ton of examples of end of bench NBA guys (Dwight Buycks, Will Solomon, Will Bynum, etc.) who turned into more traditional combo guards in Europe. Those guys are all probably more athletic and all played the point better than CJ, but it's definitely possible.

Back